Page 6 of 7

Re: Kid Names

Posted: July 16 12, 8:17 am
by heyzeus
Swirls wrote:My mom worked with a girl who named her twin boys "Oranjelo" and "Lamonjelo" because she couldn't think of appropriate names and there happened to be plates of orange jello and lemon jello in the room.
Frank Zappa's kids Dweezil and Ahmed used Orangello and Lemonjello as their aliases when they'd do tv or comedy shows.

Re: Kid Names

Posted: July 16 12, 8:19 am
by heyzeus
Don't know if this has been posted here yet, but this Magary column on baby names kills it.

http://deadspin.com/5924827/american-ba ... even-worse

Re: Kid Names

Posted: July 16 12, 8:41 am
by cards2468
heyzeus wrote:Don't know if this has been posted here yet, but this Magary column on baby names kills it.

http://deadspin.com/5924827/american-ba ... even-worse
that article was magical


The only weird [expletive] up first name thing for kids I'd ever consider doing would be naming my son after a Roman general. Indoctorine your child with thoughts of imperialism at birth.

Re: Kid Names

Posted: July 16 12, 9:28 am
by heyzeus
cards2468 wrote:
heyzeus wrote:Don't know if this has been posted here yet, but this Magary column on baby names kills it.

http://deadspin.com/5924827/american-ba ... even-worse
that article was magical


The only weird [expletive] up first name thing for kids I'd ever consider doing would be naming my son after a Roman general. Indoctorine your child with thoughts of imperialism at birth.
And that's why I named my son SPQR.

Re: Kid Names

Posted: July 16 12, 9:30 am
by cards2468
heyzeus wrote:
cards2468 wrote:
heyzeus wrote:Don't know if this has been posted here yet, but this Magary column on baby names kills it.

http://deadspin.com/5924827/american-ba ... even-worse
that article was magical


The only weird [expletive] up first name thing for kids I'd ever consider doing would be naming my son after a Roman general. Indoctorine your child with thoughts of imperialism at birth.
And that's why I named my son SPQR.
If your kid's name is Senātus Populusque Rōmānus (thanks wiki), that's pretty awesome.

Re: Kid Names

Posted: July 17 12, 7:27 am
by haltz
Tyce [expletive] you.
hahaha

Re: Kid Names

Posted: July 18 12, 2:03 pm
by Molly
Swirls wrote:My mom worked with a girl who named her twin boys "Oranjelo" and "Lamonjelo" because she couldn't think of appropriate names and there happened to be plates of orange jello and lemon jello in the room.
I honestly believe this is an urban legend. I've heard/seen this too many times by too many different people to believe there are that many twin boys named "Orangelo and Lamonjelo" running around. And it's never anyone that actually knows or has met the twins. It's always "I know someone who knows someone...."

Re: Kid Names

Posted: July 18 12, 2:04 pm
by cards2468
Molly wrote:
Swirls wrote:My mom worked with a girl who named her twin boys "Oranjelo" and "Lamonjelo" because she couldn't think of appropriate names and there happened to be plates of orange jello and lemon jello in the room.
I honestly believe this is an urban legend. I've heard/seen this too many times by too many different people to believe there are that many twin boys named "Orangelo and Lamonjelo" running around. And it's never anyone that actually knows or has met the twins. It's always "I know someone who knows someone...."
Yea, I was thinking the same thing.

Re: Kid Names

Posted: July 23 12, 5:53 am
by Swirls
Except my mom worked with the mother. I mean, yeah, I suppose it's possible she lied about the names of her children. Personally, I've never met them, but I've met the parents - and they definitely seem like people who would name their kids after colored gelatinous food products.

Re: Kid Names

Posted: July 24 12, 11:51 am
by Vidor