Page 6 of 529

Re: Random musings

Posted: February 6 14, 10:18 pm
by cardsfansince82
Why is it that anytime I go somewhere during the day they always have a TV and it is ALWAYS playing an apparently endless supply of either Steve Harvey Family Feud or Judge Judy? Both of those shows are just soul crushingly depressing and send me into a quiet rage. How do people find this [expletive] entertaining? I stood outside in the cold just to escape her cackling voice today.

Re: Random musings

Posted: February 12 14, 11:01 am
by cardinalkarp
Freed Roger wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:Damn HGTV has my wife and friend's wives duped into thinking it's so easy and cheap to whip together home improvements. Hot designer at your service, efficient hunky carpenters, contractors that work efficiently on budget and on schedule.
If you hang out in a Home Depot for awhile things just magically take care of themselves.

Forgot to mention, my kids watch HGTV too. And that tree house show, whatever channel it is.
I like that treehouse show, and those things do kickass. But, what they fail to mention in most cases is that it's taking 6-8 full time carpenters/engineers 2-3 full weeks, working who knows how many hours of the day to complete these projects (I'm sure the home renovation shows are like that too). Translate that to some schmuck (like me) who doesn't know jack [expletive] about renovating much of anything w/ another person who is pretty uneducated on home improvements (ie my stepdad)...and what they do in a show turns into a 3 to 6 month project...w/ the house being torn to [expletive] the entire time.

Note: this has never happened, but it's exactly what would if I tried...hence I don't

Re: Random musings

Posted: February 12 14, 11:40 am
by tlombard
cardsfansince82 wrote:Why is it that anytime I go somewhere during the day they always have a TV and it is ALWAYS playing an apparently endless supply of either Steve Harvey Family Feud or Judge Judy? Both of those shows are just soul crushingly depressing and send me into a quiet rage. How do people find this [expletive] entertaining? I stood outside in the cold just to escape her cackling voice today.
I agree with Judge Judy being horrible but Family Fued with Steve Harvey is just great.

I still laugh about the time they were asked to name something that you roll up and one of the answers on the board was a joint. Or the time this older woman was in love with him and was just all over him the entire show. Any time he got close she would try to kiss, hug or at the very least touch him. At first he was playing along but he was genuinely uncomfortable by the end and it was hilarious.

Re: Random musings

Posted: February 13 14, 3:40 pm
by cardsfansince82
tlombard wrote: I agree with Judge Judy being horrible but Family Fued with Steve Harvey is just great.

I still laugh about the time they were asked to name something that you roll up and one of the answers on the board was a joint.
That's part of why I hate it. Every question on there anymore is intentionally designed to elicit people saying something sexual or embarrassing. They'll ask a stupid question and then put eight answers on the board when only four of them make any sense. Then the audience has to do the entirely awkward reading of the missed answers. The final round is also way too hard. You can get most of the top answers and still not win. Even if you do win, the prizes are pretty crappy. The show is lowest common denominator entertainment designed for people who are only half paying attention. Steve Harvey is actually pretty funny, but the show is terrible.

Re: Random musings

Posted: February 13 14, 3:51 pm
by stlouie_lipp
cardsfansince82 wrote:
tlombard wrote: I agree with Judge Judy being horrible but Family Fued with Steve Harvey is just great.

I still laugh about the time they were asked to name something that you roll up and one of the answers on the board was a joint.
That's part of why I hate it. Every question on there anymore is intentionally designed to elicit people saying something sexual or embarrassing. They'll ask a stupid question and then put eight answers on the board when only four of them make any sense. Then the audience has to do the entirely awkward reading of the missed answers. The final round is also way too hard. You can get most of the top answers and still not win. Even if you do win, the prizes are pretty crappy. The show is lowest common denominator entertainment designed for people who are only half paying attention. Steve Harvey is actually pretty funny, but the show is terrible.
I've never seen such an in-depth, well reasoned analysis of Family Feud.

Re: Random musings

Posted: February 17 14, 12:59 pm
by pioneer98
My guess is they put on Family Fued or Judge Judy or Steve Harvey because the only other daytime alternative is Fox News.

Re: Random musings

Posted: February 21 14, 10:32 am
by Radbird
Why do only bad songs become earworms?

Re: Random musings

Posted: February 21 14, 12:41 pm
by The Third Man
Radbird wrote:Why do only bad songs become earworms?
You don't listen to enough music.

[/youtube]

Re: Random musings

Posted: February 23 14, 11:45 am
by JL21
I don't understand how it's possible for cooked broccoli to smell like farts, but not taste like farts.

Re: Random musings

Posted: February 23 14, 4:23 pm
by jim
JL21 wrote:I don't understand how it's possible for cooked broccoli to smell like farts, but not taste like farts.
My chilli gives you farts that smell exactly like my chilli. I like to think your farts smell like my chilli, but I have to allow the logic that my chilli smells like your farts. My chilli also tastes like it smells, so using that same logic you have to conlcude that my chilli tastes like your farts. And it is delicious.