Re: rant: fine dining
Posted: November 6 14, 2:31 pm
You were 7 blocks from what based on your anonymous internet message board persona is something I think you'd really dig.
I'm wondering if you could walk us through the steps that took jim, who loves refreshing beer, authentic and good Mexican food, and chain seafood, and hates Chicago, to Geja's, which is by all accounts an outdated, overpriced, non-chain-seafood, non-Mexican, city of Chicago date spot usually occupied only by people whose friends have no taste and tell them "you'd love it, it's like real romantic and you can dip bread in cheese and meat in oil and it's like real fun and romantic and have him take you there."
Were I advising jim where to go in Chicago for a special occasion that doesn't require a splurge and a few of which would maybe change his mind a bit on fine dining, based on what I know about him I'd probably go:
1. Topolobambo
2. Frontera
3. Mexique
4. Big Star
5. Mixteco
6. Sol de Mexico
7. Las Palmas
8. Boka for that awesome roast chicken ($27) and a Metropolitan Krankshaft ($6)-at $33 well under the dumb fondue place and legit "fine dining"
9. Chilapan
...
...
6,322,901. Geja's
I'm wondering if you could walk us through the steps that took jim, who loves refreshing beer, authentic and good Mexican food, and chain seafood, and hates Chicago, to Geja's, which is by all accounts an outdated, overpriced, non-chain-seafood, non-Mexican, city of Chicago date spot usually occupied only by people whose friends have no taste and tell them "you'd love it, it's like real romantic and you can dip bread in cheese and meat in oil and it's like real fun and romantic and have him take you there."
Were I advising jim where to go in Chicago for a special occasion that doesn't require a splurge and a few of which would maybe change his mind a bit on fine dining, based on what I know about him I'd probably go:
1. Topolobambo
2. Frontera
3. Mexique
4. Big Star
5. Mixteco
6. Sol de Mexico
7. Las Palmas
8. Boka for that awesome roast chicken ($27) and a Metropolitan Krankshaft ($6)-at $33 well under the dumb fondue place and legit "fine dining"
9. Chilapan
...
...
6,322,901. Geja's