The Video Game Thread
- PujolJunkie
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 10370
- Joined: March 22 07, 4:54 pm
- Location: north county, stl
- Contact:
- ghostrunner
- GOAT
- Posts: 30836
- Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Re: The Video Game Thread
Jocephus wrote:but even still...theres some achievements that aren't unlocking for me (even though they should have) and online mode is impossible, because for whatever reason when i try to hit im 1/2 sec behind the pitcher...everything else plays smooth, its just the hitting thats impossible online (for me)....According to a moderator on the MLB 2k9 Website, patch 2 for MLB 2k9 will attempt to cover most of these and more:
1: AI Aggression (swinging at everything)
2: Outfielder missing easy fly outs
3: First Basemen bug
If they fix those three, that will be good enough for me. I haven't played much franchise yet, though. I
I haven't seen the problems you've had online. Is your connection okay? Only thing I have seen is games dropping off, which I assume is a connection issue on the other person's end since I know mine is pretty good. They used to make is easier to get to a lobby where you could see who had a good connection and then hit that person up directly. When you do quick match, you don't know what you're getting.
I do find the online menus a bit of a mess. They still have menu options for a "2k rating" that haven't worked for two years. Yet they had to redesign them for this game. Really odd.
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: The Video Game Thread
Pinball >>>> video games
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: The Video Game Thread
it could be my connection it is DSL...but i dont have any lag on any of my other games and its just the batting that has this 1/2 sec. delay, everythign else about the game plays fine onlineghostrunner wrote: If they fix those three, that will be good enough for me. I haven't played much franchise yet, though. I
I haven't seen the problems you've had online. Is your connection okay? Only thing I have seen is games dropping off, which I assume is a connection issue on the other person's end since I know mine is pretty good. They used to make is easier to get to a lobby where you could see who had a good connection and then hit that person up directly. When you do quick match, you don't know what you're getting.
I do find the online menus a bit of a mess. They still have menu options for a "2k rating" that haven't worked for two years. Yet they had to redesign them for this game. Really odd.
and yeah, it is messy to navigate around
- cardinalkarp
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 18728
- Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am
Re: The Video Game Thread
That's a pretty glowing endorsment. I'm going to have to pick up the game even though I didn't nearly get as far as I wanted in last years road to the show.Michael wrote:It's everything you could want in a baseball game.cardinalkarp wrote:For those of you that have picked up "The Show" and been able to play a few games what do you think?
Check this out:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ts-gaming.htmlIan_Cummings_EA Lead designer for Madden 10
"I just wanted to post over here in case the devs read this forum...
To the SCEA dev team: you guys have really set the bar as to what sports games should be. After a few of us got our hands on it, we have forced our entire Madden design team to go through the game, take notes, and come up with ideas that could apply to us - and the one universal happening has been that everyone has been 100% blown away by the detail and quality of the product. From the commentary to the animation to the graphics to the presentation to the depth...you guys knocked it out of the park (bad pun intended).
I don't want to make it look like our opinion matters more than anyone else or anything, but I did want to say - from the Madden design team - GREAT job to all those involved in making this year's game. You've set the bar extremely high for us and everyone else in this industry (which is a very good thing IMO).
- Ian
-
Michael
- GRB Founder
- Posts: 35303
- Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
Re: The Video Game Thread
I heard it's pretty much the same game as last year, so YMMV.
- ghostrunner
- GOAT
- Posts: 30836
- Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm
Re: The Video Game Thread
Hmmm. I'll have to see what 2k does next year. It might be about time for another console by the time next season comes around, but I like all the other Xbox features and the controls.
- clevername
- Bringer of FRBG
- Posts: 10380
- Joined: April 16 06, 7:13 pm
- Location: Alabama
Re: New Xbox Live "experience"
be sure to download the patch when you get it. They fixed the controls and it's playable now. I am pleased.Michael wrote:My KZ2 copy is in the mail.
I read the controls are controversial. Unlike games like CoD4, it's less arcade style with a real sense of weight and motion. Some people like it, others hate it. You might want to stick with it, and see if you get used to it.
-
AJ
Re: The Video Game Thread
Here is my take on Road to the Show 09:
Good:
You can skip through as much of the defense and base running as you want. The graphics are slightly better than 08, and they go into contract detail as to even have a rule 5 draft.
Bad:
Hitting is incrediblly tough, I'm having difficulty hitting .300 on veteran and almost all hits are singles. Some of my best swings are popups and some of my worst swings are hits. The new baserunning controls are horrible, I thought they were sufficient last year. I've played a couple of years in the minors and am starting in AAA, but my players rating still sucks.
I think they have come as close to perfection on a simulation game as you can, but unfortunately, it has made it much less fun as an arcade game. I don't have all the time in the world to play 10 seasons to make my player good, I want to start halfway decent out of the gate.
So in summation, give me MLB The Show 08, make it a little more difficult, and give me 09's graphics and attention to contract detail and.
OR
Give me MLB 09 the show with an option to be easier, and the old baserunning controls.
Good:
You can skip through as much of the defense and base running as you want. The graphics are slightly better than 08, and they go into contract detail as to even have a rule 5 draft.
Bad:
Hitting is incrediblly tough, I'm having difficulty hitting .300 on veteran and almost all hits are singles. Some of my best swings are popups and some of my worst swings are hits. The new baserunning controls are horrible, I thought they were sufficient last year. I've played a couple of years in the minors and am starting in AAA, but my players rating still sucks.
I think they have come as close to perfection on a simulation game as you can, but unfortunately, it has made it much less fun as an arcade game. I don't have all the time in the world to play 10 seasons to make my player good, I want to start halfway decent out of the gate.
So in summation, give me MLB The Show 08, make it a little more difficult, and give me 09's graphics and attention to contract detail and.
OR
Give me MLB 09 the show with an option to be easier, and the old baserunning controls.
-
Michael
- GRB Founder
- Posts: 35303
- Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
Re: The Video Game Thread
AJ you should play around with the hitting sliders to make it a little easier. That's what I did.



