The Video Game Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Jocephus »

Cronos69 wrote:
Jocephus wrote:well, i think im the only one who is stoked about RE5 this friday (getting it at midnight release)...but, i found that besides a kickass campaign with co-op play, its going to have some MP too
Joc I've been looking forward to RE5 ever since finishing RE4, I'm really fired up for it.

I hear they've made it more of an action game than survival horror type, but something is better than nothing. They say if you go into it expecting more action than survival horror you'll love it, though.
theres a cool site i found, justin.tv, and its a place for people to host "cam shows" however they have a gaming section and for the last two weeks or so people have been been showing RE5 (the people that got it earlY...or illegally)...the game looks great, thats for sure.

it's(re5) definitely is not what it(re-re3/cv) was. at that same site, people have been playing the old RE's (in preparation) and yeah, its totally different...theres no "still" camera angles, the "loading doors/stairs" is obviously gone and its not as "puzzle-ly"...as much as i like those features, it doesn't make sense with these new powerful gaming systems, plus the progression of the story doesn't really make sense to only stay in a mansion or police station...so yeah, its definitely not "survival horror", but it'll be a great game...people say "oh its not scary anymore", and it may not be, but from what i played on the demo its still intense and fun....and well, i dont scare as easy as i did 13 years ago

yer on a ps3 right cronos? it'd be nice to know another person with the game...im so stoked..i keep watching videos and reading guides/reviews. i have loved this series for so long....and the fact it has online co-op just adds so much more, imo

User avatar
Cronos
In perpetuum
Posts: 34778
Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Cronos »

Jocephus wrote:
yer on a ps3 right cronos? it'd be nice to know another person with the game...im so stoked..i keep watching videos and reading guides/reviews. i have loved this series for so long....and the fact it has online co-op just adds so much more, imo
I am, you've an Xbox360, right? I think that makes it impossible for us to play online, doesn't it?

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Jocephus »

Cronos69 wrote:
Jocephus wrote:
yer on a ps3 right cronos? it'd be nice to know another person with the game...im so stoked..i keep watching videos and reading guides/reviews. i have loved this series for so long....and the fact it has online co-op just adds so much more, imo
I am, you've an Xbox360, right? I think that makes it impossible for us to play online, doesn't it?
yeah....unless you bought an xbox?!?! :P

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Jocephus »

wwe legends of wrestling is in the xbl demo area...two matches hulk vs andre and rock vs stone cold...pretty fun

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Michael »

I've become addicted to the Guitar hero/rock band games. I just got GH:WT tonight so I was banging around on the drums. good times.

User avatar
Blitzer
All-Star
Posts: 1847
Joined: May 4 06, 1:16 am
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Contact:

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Blitzer »

Michael wrote:I've become addicted to the Guitar hero/rock band games. I just got GH:WT tonight so I was banging around on the drums. good times.
I miss playing rockband. I live in a crappy apartment complex and the last 2 times we played rockband, the cops came. It was only 11 on a friday night. Anyways, a bar down in Springfield Mo named Dennis's Place would do Rockband nights where you pick a song and get a band together and play on the stage in front of everyone. It was quite humorous and quite fun.


Blitzer

User avatar
Cronos
In perpetuum
Posts: 34778
Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Cronos »

Michael wrote:I've become addicted to the Guitar hero/rock band games. I just got GH:WT tonight so I was banging around on the drums. good times.
Welcome. We are legion, for we are many. :D

You said you had an X-box 360, right? Darn you people, we could be playing together online if you had a PS3.

User avatar
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
Posts: 27776
Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
Location: at the gettin' place

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Shellshock 2

I'm a sucker for just about any FPS. I'm also a sucker for just about anything Vietnam. You know what would make it even better? ZOMBIES.

This game is seriously terrible. I want to meet the guy that made it so I can punch him in the face. There is not a single redeeming quality let alone a discernible element of fun.

User avatar
PujolJunkie
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 10370
Joined: March 22 07, 4:54 pm
Location: north county, stl
Contact:

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by PujolJunkie »

Okay. So I have a Playstation Portable.. but also a 360. The decision I'm trying to make is.. I definitely want to get MLB 2k8. But would I be disappointed if I picked up the Show on PSP?

User avatar
Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese
Posts: 12863
Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
Location: Drunk

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

PujolJunkie wrote:Okay. So I have a Playstation Portable.. but also a 360. The decision I'm trying to make is.. I definitely want to get MLB 2k8. But would I be disappointed if I picked up the Show on PSP?
The Show is far superior to 2k.

Post Reply