The Video Game Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
PujolJunkie
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 10370
Joined: March 22 07, 4:54 pm
Location: north county, stl
Contact:

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by PujolJunkie »

Fat_Bulldog wrote:
PujolJunkie wrote:Okay. So I have a Playstation Portable.. but also a 360. The decision I'm trying to make is.. I definitely want to get MLB 2k8. But would I be disappointed if I picked up the Show on PSP?
The Show is far superior to 2k.
Indeed, that's what I've heard. But would it be worth picking up on a PSP or does anybody think that it'd be too condensed?

tscards
Veteran Player
Posts: 1233
Joined: April 20 06, 6:28 pm
Location: Sioux Falls, SD

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by tscards »

Anyone get the extra cymbals for Rockband? They are a blast to play with. Now the drumset has 4 pads and 3 cymbals. You can just use the pads if you want, or if you know the song & know what notes are cymbals, you can wail on them. Very very fun!

The only part of it I don't like is that the cymbals on the RB drumset do not work with Guitar Hero World Tour. Oh well...

User avatar
PujolJunkie
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 10370
Joined: March 22 07, 4:54 pm
Location: north county, stl
Contact:

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by PujolJunkie »

Okay I have to make a decision today. Do I get MLB The Show 09 for my PSP or do I get MLB 2k9 for the XBOX? I'm having a hard time deciding but I'm leaning toward the Show for the PSP. My only worry is that there's too much taken out of the PSP version or it's too limited.

User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18729
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by cardinalkarp »

Even w/ me being a huge fan of The Show and the PS3 I would still go w/ the full version of 2k9 over the PSP version. I would be annoyed playing a baseball game on that little PSP.

User avatar
PujolJunkie
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 10370
Joined: March 22 07, 4:54 pm
Location: north county, stl
Contact:

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by PujolJunkie »


Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Jocephus »

haha...i can't tell is the survivor supposed to be saying those phrases or the zombies?

RE5 is awesome, btw

User avatar
PujolJunkie
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 10370
Joined: March 22 07, 4:54 pm
Location: north county, stl
Contact:

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by PujolJunkie »

Jocephus wrote:haha...i can't tell is the survivor supposed to be saying those phrases or the zombies?

RE5 is awesome, btw
The zombies. There's some hilarious soundpacks for them on the PC version.

I picked up The Show for PSP instead of 2K9. I like it. The graphics are more condensed than I would have liked and there's no umpires for whatever reason but it's a really solid game and I just started playing. I was so tempted to get RE5 instead.

User avatar
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
Posts: 27776
Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
Location: at the gettin' place

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Resident Evil 5 is really good. This is the first RE game I've ever played. The controls can be a bit clunky, especially when your fighting in close quarters. And it's not a true FPS. It took awhile getting used to not being able to shoot on the run. That said, this might be the best looking game I've ever seen. The quality and level of detail is amazing, especially the cutscenes and the bosses. The pacing of the game is perfect as far as gaining new weapons and getting used to the controls, and the gameplay switches up quite often, keeping things from getting repetitive. I only rented it to play through the single player, but if the multiplayer/co-op stuff is any good this could be a great game, one that would definitely make for a good purchase.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Jocephus »

cardsfansince82 wrote:Resident Evil 5 is really good. This is the first RE game I've ever played. The controls can be a bit clunky, especially when your fighting in close quarters. And it's not a true FPS. It took awhile getting used to not being able to shoot on the run. That said, this might be the best looking game I've ever seen. The quality and level of detail is amazing, especially the cutscenes and the bosses. The pacing of the game is perfect as far as gaining new weapons and getting used to the controls, and the gameplay switches up quite often, keeping things from getting repetitive. I only rented it to play through the single player, but if the multiplayer/co-op stuff is any good this could be a great game, one that would definitely make for a good purchase.
are you on xbox live? if so we should play

yeah, im loving it...im through maybe 4-2 or so...very fun

User avatar
PujolJunkie
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 10370
Joined: March 22 07, 4:54 pm
Location: north county, stl
Contact:

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by PujolJunkie »

I'm back to being hooked on L4D.

Post Reply