The Video Game Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
Cronos
In perpetuum
Posts: 34778
Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Cronos »

cardsfansince82 wrote:Resident Evil 5 is really good. This is the first RE game I've ever played. The controls can be a bit clunky, especially when your fighting in close quarters. And it's not a true FPS. It took awhile getting used to not being able to shoot on the run. That said, this might be the best looking game I've ever seen. The quality and level of detail is amazing, especially the cutscenes and the bosses. The pacing of the game is perfect as far as gaining new weapons and getting used to the controls, and the gameplay switches up quite often, keeping things from getting repetitive. I only rented it to play through the single player, but if the multiplayer/co-op stuff is any good this could be a great game, one that would definitely make for a good purchase.
I'm picking this up on Tuesday. Looking forward to it.

I wish it were less action-y and more horror like the original few REs were, but as an action game I hear it's quite good.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Michael »

Cronos69 wrote:I wish it were less action-y and more horror like the original few REs were, but as an action game I hear it's quite good.
Get Dead Space instead. So good.

In fact, I've got to get back to playing to that game.

User avatar
Blitzer
All-Star
Posts: 1847
Joined: May 4 06, 1:16 am
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Contact:

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Blitzer »

So this Playstation3 "Home" thing is kind of weird. Its cool because you can meet other PS3 gamers and chat, but its bad because the second a female avatar walks into the room, all the male avatars run over and try to "chat" with "her."

For those who dont know. Its very Sims-esque or kind of like Second Life


Blitzer

User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18728
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by cardinalkarp »

StLBlitzerMM515 wrote:So this Playstation3 "Home" thing is kind of weird. Its cool because you can meet other PS3 gamers and chat, but its bad because the second a female avatar walks into the room, all the male avatars run over and try to "chat" with "her."

For those who dont know. Its very Sims-esque or kind of like Second Life


Blitzer
I don't even bother w/ that stuff. I just play the games.

User avatar
Blitzer
All-Star
Posts: 1847
Joined: May 4 06, 1:16 am
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Contact:

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Blitzer »

I feel ya. I came across it today when I was just trying to figure out what all the PS3 internet capabilities included. Its strangely interesting though.


Blitzer

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Jocephus »

Gears of War 2 Title Update 3 Details Emerge
Written Monday, March 23, 2009 by Jason Debelyak

Thanks to Rod Fergusson, Executive Producer of Gears of War 2, we all have a full listing of the updates that we will see in Title Update 3 for Gears of War 2. Mr. Fergusson posted the full list over at the Gears of War 2 forum, all of which can be seen below. The update will launch Tuesday, March 24th (tomorrow) at approximately 2 AM PST/5 AM EST.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news ... merge.html

Pujols is a God
Everyday Player
Posts: 179
Joined: April 17 06, 2:02 pm

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Pujols is a God »

Picked up RE5 and Mass Effect today. Have not played Mass Effect yet, but am loving RE5 so far. The motorcycle scene in chapter 2-1 is awesome.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Jocephus »

Pujols is a God wrote:Picked up RE5 and Mass Effect today. Have not played Mass Effect yet, but am loving RE5 so far. The motorcycle scene in chapter 2-1 is awesome.
if you ever want to co-op re5 let me know...i got that game down to a T

User avatar
wart57
just can't quit you.
Posts: 25075
Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
Location: Lost

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by wart57 »


User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30836
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by ghostrunner »

cardinalkarp wrote:
StLBlitzerMM515 wrote:So this Playstation3 "Home" thing is kind of weird. Its cool because you can meet other PS3 gamers and chat, but its bad because the second a female avatar walks into the room, all the male avatars run over and try to "chat" with "her."

For those who dont know. Its very Sims-esque or kind of like Second Life


Blitzer
I don't even bother w/ that stuff. I just play the games.
I don't even do that. I just go online and check the spreadsheets in the morning.

Post Reply