Page 577 of 704

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 23 08, 6:35 pm
by ghostrunner
GatewaySnayke wrote:Apparently Barry Goldwater's grand children have turned on McCain.
I was just about to post that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cc-goldwa ... 37150.html

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 23 08, 7:43 pm
by Hungary Jack
CC Goldwater's column cites the politics of fear as a factor in her turning away from McCain / Palin. It is hard to hear Palin make references to "real Americans" and not think of it as code for xenophobia and racism. The constant harping on Obama's association with Bill Ayers and the use of his middle name are more blatant attempts to emote similar types of fear. Ditto references to "Socialism" another dirty word in the American lexicon whose true meaning has been lost recently. I don't think John McCain personally espouses these beliefs, but he's now hitched to a runaway train that seems to take him farther from his own beliefs every day. I feel bad for him.

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 23 08, 7:45 pm
by GatewaySnayke
The SNL skit that was just on with George W. Bush, Sarah Palin, Todd Palin and John McCain was hilarious.

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 23 08, 7:53 pm
by redbirdjazzz

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 23 08, 8:03 pm
by clement
BW23 wrote:I find it funny that we're blasting the republican party or McCain camp or Palin specifically for spending $150,000 when Obama is spending more than that for a 30-second spot for the same kinds of thing....improving image. Obama's running circles around McCain in raised (and spent) donations. Yet people are whining about $150,000 on wardrobe.
You're obviously comparing apples and oranges, but as I stated several pages back, I agree that this is just an issue for the Obama supporters to score easy but cheap political points. You've been one of the most ardent critics of Obama and Biden when they have made little mistakes that are of little substance, but can be used against them politically. So I'm sure you'd agree that it is just something that gives Palin opponents an opening to do the kind of sensational political point-scoring that seems to resonate with Joe Six-Packs, Hockey Moms, and Joe the Plumbers of the country.

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 23 08, 8:04 pm
by BW23
haltz wrote:
BW23 wrote:I find it funny that we're blasting the republican party or McCain camp or Palin specifically for spending $150,000 when Obama is spending more than that for a 30-second spot for the same kinds of thing....improving image. Obama's running circles around McCain in raised (and spent) donations. Yet people are whining about $150,000 on wardrobe.
Oh come on, that's a huge straw man. Nobody cares that she bought a bunch of pantsuits at Saks. That's not the point at all.
The Haltz...yeah, people do care. Otherwise, how would we even know?

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 23 08, 8:11 pm
by BW23
clement wrote:
BW23 wrote:I find it funny that we're blasting the republican party or McCain camp or Palin specifically for spending $150,000 when Obama is spending more than that for a 30-second spot for the same kinds of thing....improving image. Obama's running circles around McCain in raised (and spent) donations. Yet people are whining about $150,000 on wardrobe.
You're obviously comparing apples and oranges, but as I stated several pages back, I agree that this is just an issue for the Obama supporters to score easy but cheap political points. You've been one of the most ardent critics of Obama and Biden when they have made little mistakes that are of little substance, but can be used against them politically. So I'm sure you'd agree that it is just something that gives Palin opponents an opening to do the kind of sensational political point-scoring that seems to resonate with Joe Six-Packs, Hockey Moms, and Joe the Plumbers of the country.
Okay, then compare apples and apples. I'm sure not one penny has been spent on Obama's or Biden's wardrobes (or botox infections ;) ) from contributions. Or on other wasteful stuff. Not a dime.

Actually, it bothers me to see all the wasteful money spent on ads and such by all parties. Obama's going to spend over $700 million. That's absurd money.

But it says a lot about his supporters.

The message isn't what's going to get the attention of people. In advertising, repetition means everything. And he's got it. Big.

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 23 08, 8:16 pm
by PujolJunkie
that. was. great.

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 23 08, 8:21 pm
by redbirdjazzz
PujolJunkie wrote:
that. was. great.
Gotta love the hair.

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 23 08, 8:21 pm
by BW23
PujolJunkie wrote:
that. was. great.
Opie?

Guess we need to add a D to the beginning of that name. :D