The Video Game Thread
- cardsfansince82
- is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
- Posts: 27776
- Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
- Location: at the gettin' place
Re: The Video Game Thread
I rented the new wrestling game Legends of Wrestlemania or whatever it's called. I don't really like it. It's hard to do much other than the same moves repetitively. And all of the good moves are based around those cutscenes that every game has now, where a random button flashes on the screen and you have to press it really quick. I'm sort of getting tired of that feature in games.
- clevername
- Bringer of FRBG
- Posts: 10380
- Joined: April 16 06, 7:13 pm
- Location: Alabama
Re: The Video Game Thread
that has definitely become an annoying trend. It's an easy way to make complicated battles/moves basically CG movies we have to press buttons to watch. I'd rather be in control.
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: The Video Game Thread
they're called QTE's (quick time events)...i think they can add some value but it is a very popular thing these days...
i downloaded the demo for that legends of wrestlemania and i agree...it becomes a mash fest...which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but ive read that the game is pretty repetitive so just mashing the buttons all the time does get old
i downloaded the demo for that legends of wrestlemania and i agree...it becomes a mash fest...which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but ive read that the game is pretty repetitive so just mashing the buttons all the time does get old
Last edited by Jocephus on March 26 09, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- cardsfansince82
- is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
- Posts: 27776
- Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
- Location: at the gettin' place
Re: The Video Game Thread
I used to play the hell out of WCW/NWO Revenge on N64 back in the day. Haven't really played any wrestling games since then but I thought I'd check it out.
Those quick time events are okay if used sparingly but it's just lazy and not really fun at all for the player. I'd rather be in control. Plus I suck at the "pump this one button really fast" things so it's frustrating.
Those quick time events are okay if used sparingly but it's just lazy and not really fun at all for the player. I'd rather be in control. Plus I suck at the "pump this one button really fast" things so it's frustrating.
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: The Video Game Thread
yea im the same way...the last one i really played a lot was, i believe, wrestlemania 2000 or something like that....hella fun...me and my brother had this whole clan of created wrestlers that were hillbillys....THQ ftwcardsfansince82 wrote:I used to play the hell out of WCW/NWO Revenge on N64 back in the day. Haven't really played any wrestling games since then but I thought I'd check it out.
Those quick time events are okay if used sparingly but it's just lazy and not really fun at all for the player. I'd rather be in control. Plus I suck at the "pump this one button really fast" things so it's frustrating.
- Bo Hart
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 8770
- Joined: April 14 06, 9:50 pm
Re: The Video Game Thread
I bought a PS3 solely for The Show, and I do not regret it whatsoever.
- PujolJunkie
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 10370
- Joined: March 22 07, 4:54 pm
- Location: north county, stl
- Contact:
Re: The Video Game Thread
Wrestlemania 2000, No Mercy, NWO/WCW Revenge. All of those games were absolutely class games and are legendary. These new wrestling games are ridiculously overrated and have sucked for a long time. Every year they say "ITS MORE LIKE THQ GAMES!" and it never even comes close.
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: The Video Game Thread
I lived off of WCW/NWO Revenge and WWF Warzone back in the day.
Scott Norton was money in WCW. I would just powerbomb the opponent over and over until I won by TKO.
Scott Norton was money in WCW. I would just powerbomb the opponent over and over until I won by TKO.
-
BenNX74205
- All-Star
- Posts: 2541
- Joined: April 18 06, 2:57 pm
Re: The Video Game Thread
They are extremely popular these days, and they can add value when they are not overused. Unfortunately, they are overused quite often these days (at least it feels like it to me). I think the root cause of their proliferation is because of the increasingly "cinematic" nature of a lot of games. QTEs become an excuse to play with the tech and make pretty movies. Just let me play my damn game please.Jocephus wrote:they're called QTE's (quick time events)...i think they can add some value but it is a very popular thing these days...
i downloaded the demo for that legends of wrestlemania and i agree...it becomes a mash fest...which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but ive read that the game is pretty repetitive so just mashing the buttons all the time does get old
-
tscards
- Veteran Player
- Posts: 1233
- Joined: April 20 06, 6:28 pm
- Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Re: The Video Game Thread
I finally picked up the Show '09 & really love it! Just awesome! Maybe someday I'll play as another team besides the Cards...Kyle wrote:I bought a PS3 solely for The Show, and I do not regret it whatsoever.
..
..... nah!



