Yep. :deadhorse:BW23 wrote:planet....do you mean Haren?
Life After Eckstein
-
planet planet
- http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy
- Posts: 24904
- Joined: April 15 06, 6:25 pm
- Location: St. Louis
- BW23
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 12896
- Joined: July 7 06, 11:08 pm
I'm right there with ya.planet pujolsian wrote:Yep. :deadhorse:BW23 wrote:planet....do you mean Haren?
I always liked Haren. I've always thought they should have dealt Reyes, though. Most of that was because he was hurt every year for like five straight years. After seeing him pitch a few times, I really wanted him dealt.
Oh well. Little value now, I'm sure. Certainly not where it would have been.
- GatewaySnayke
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 11923
- Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
- Location: GatewaySnaykebird
In hindsight, the Cardinals have learned that trading your best prospects is not smart. That's why they never dealt Reyes or Wainwright, and it's why they won't deal Rasmus, Garcia or probably even Jay.
It's not something you do if you're the Cardinals these days. I was OK with the Mulder trade then, and I'm OK with it now. They took a shot, got burned and a lesson was learned.
It's not something you do if you're the Cardinals these days. I was OK with the Mulder trade then, and I'm OK with it now. They took a shot, got burned and a lesson was learned.

