Page 7 of 7
Posted: April 27 07, 7:56 pm
by planet planet
BW23 wrote:planet....do you mean Haren?
Yep. :deadhorse:
Posted: April 27 07, 7:58 pm
by BW23
planet pujolsian wrote:BW23 wrote:planet....do you mean Haren?
Yep. :deadhorse:
I'm right there with ya.
I always liked Haren. I've always thought they should have dealt Reyes, though. Most of that was because he was hurt every year for like five straight years. After seeing him pitch a few times, I really wanted him dealt.
Oh well. Little value now, I'm sure. Certainly not where it would have been.
Posted: April 28 07, 12:50 am
by GatewaySnayke
In hindsight, the Cardinals have learned that trading your best prospects is not smart. That's why they never dealt Reyes or Wainwright, and it's why they won't deal Rasmus, Garcia or probably even Jay.
It's not something you do if you're the Cardinals these days. I was OK with the Mulder trade then, and I'm OK with it now. They took a shot, got burned and a lesson was learned.