Rant: Draft Kings Commercial
-
tlombard
- tl;dr
- Posts: 5042
- Joined: May 21 09, 12:41 pm
Re: Rant: Draft Kings Commercial
I have no idea what you were saying. I started to read the first sentence and then noticed Hannah and her horse. I'll never be able to finish the rest of your post.
I do actually agree with the rest of the post though. If people want to lose their money, that's fine with me. And the leagues can suck it. I know the people running them are only out for what is best for them financially and that's how they decide what is right and wrong. Just keep giving me a product I like watching and shut up. That's all I really ask (and they aren't good enough at the shutting up part). I have no delusions of morality in any enterprise that involves billions of dollars.
I do actually agree with the rest of the post though. If people want to lose their money, that's fine with me. And the leagues can suck it. I know the people running them are only out for what is best for them financially and that's how they decide what is right and wrong. Just keep giving me a product I like watching and shut up. That's all I really ask (and they aren't good enough at the shutting up part). I have no delusions of morality in any enterprise that involves billions of dollars.
- go birds
- -go birds
- Posts: 32057
- Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am
Re: Rant: Draft Kings Commercial
god hannah is so hot
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: Rant: Draft Kings Commercial
i find it strange, or interesting, that espn.com is reporting this and has put it on each sport sub category page, but we know they shill for them constantly and even some of their writers are paid by draftkings/fanduel.
- cardsfansince82
- is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
- Posts: 27776
- Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
- Location: at the gettin' place
Re: Rant: Draft Kings Commercial
Most likely because they are just an advertiser, not a source of content. ESPN has all the leverage there. The sites have no choice but to advertise on ESPN to reach their target market and ESPN can just sell that space to someone else if not. Contrast that with the way they carry the water for the NFL, because the leverage is reversed.Jocephus wrote:i find it strange, or interesting, that espn.com is reporting this and has put it on each sport sub category page, but we know they shill for them constantly and even some of their writers are paid by draftkings/fanduel.
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: Rant: Draft Kings Commercial
So this lady is a FanDuel spokeswoman, and another piece of the puzzle fits: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/magaz ... .html?_r=0
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: Rant: Draft Kings Commercial
so mlb is an investor in draft kings. great.
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Rant: Draft Kings Commercial
That story has elements of a "Black Mirror" episode.MrCrowesGarden wrote:So this lady is a FanDuel spokeswoman, and another piece of the puzzle fits: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/15/magaz ... .html?_r=0
And with the spokesperson for fanduel, she undoubtedly needed the work. It is presumably her job to generate a bs press release. Did she do something wrong?
- MrCrowesGarden
- 'Burb Boy
- Posts: 24841
- Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
- Location: Out of the Loop
Re: Rant: Draft Kings Commercial
Be an awful racist?
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Rant: Draft Kings Commercial
I meant, did she do anything wrong with the fanduel thing. I am not defending her tweets of yore. Immature.MrCrowesGarden wrote:Be an awful racist?
Not sure if I care about the lady. first I heard of it was in that article. she was probably desparate for work and fanduel it is.


