The Video Game Thread
- cardsfansince82
- is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
- Posts: 27776
- Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
- Location: at the gettin' place
Re: The Video Game Thread
Wanted: Weapons of Fate-
I'm sure it was a terrible movie but this game was pretty damn fun. I wouldn't recommend paying the 8.99 or whatever to rent it because it is really short, probably only took 5 or 6 hours to beat it. But if you have Gamefly or Blockbuster unlimited rentals like I do it's worth checking out.
I'm sure it was a terrible movie but this game was pretty damn fun. I wouldn't recommend paying the 8.99 or whatever to rent it because it is really short, probably only took 5 or 6 hours to beat it. But if you have Gamefly or Blockbuster unlimited rentals like I do it's worth checking out.
-
tscards
- Veteran Player
- Posts: 1233
- Joined: April 20 06, 6:28 pm
- Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Re: The Video Game Thread
I seriously need to play the Show more -- only 3 games so far. I had fun with the first game and started throwing at the hitters -- fun! Finally got one to start to charge the mound and then the screen changed immediately to "pitcher ejected" and I needed to put another one in. I was hoping to see a few more seconds of the batter running to the mound!Kyle wrote:They switched developers and completely rebuilt the engine. It's obvious they re-used some stuff, but it's understandable that it was going to be buggy. It was really a crappy situation for them: if they didn't release a game, they'd lose out on a huge market (since it's really only "simultation" baseball game on all consoles). If they did, though... it was bound to be unstable.tscards wrote:How did 2k9 make it to release with these issues?? Seems like it was rushed and not effectively tested.
My wife bought it for me, but after everything I read about it, we returned it & got the Show -- love it!
I still can't get over how awesome The Show is. You actually walk people when you're the pitcher! Also: players with high discipline ratings will walk more than those without, even when you're controlling them! That's something I've wanted in a baseball game for a long, long time.
It's just unbelievable how well the game simulates actual baseball. It's basically High Heat with good graphics.
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: The Video Game Thread
i hope this game is awesome
[/youtube]
[/youtube]
-
Diddy
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 3583
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:45 pm
Re: The Video Game Thread
playnig the show tonight and it let a runner go to first on a droped thired strike with a runner already on first, this needs to be fixed
- cardsfansince82
- is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
- Posts: 27776
- Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
- Location: at the gettin' place
Re: The Video Game Thread
If there was two outs then that is the correct call.Diddy wrote:playnig the show tonight and it let a runner go to first on a droped thired strike with a runner already on first, this needs to be fixed
- Blitzer
- All-Star
- Posts: 1847
- Joined: May 4 06, 1:16 am
- Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Contact:
Re: The Video Game Thread
Jocephus wrote:i hope this game is awesome
[/youtube]
That looks freakin awesome. I cant wait.
-
Diddy
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 3583
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:45 pm
Re: The Video Game Thread
but since there were 0 outs it wasntcardsfansince82 wrote:If there was two outs then that is the correct call.Diddy wrote:playnig the show tonight and it let a runner go to first on a droped thired strike with a runner already on first, this needs to be fixed
-
Michael
- GRB Founder
- Posts: 35303
- Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Contact:
Re: The Video Game Thread
Perhaps I'm not being aggressive enough, but my main compliant with The Show's mechanics is I think I should be scoring a tad bit more when there is a runner on 2nd and I get a hit.
- Tambourine Man
- accepts no jimitators
- Posts: 11413
- Joined: April 21 06, 3:31 pm
- Location: I Read the News Today Oh, boy
Re: The Video Game Thread
COD4 has this crazy fast pace that I hated at first but have grown to sort of enjoy. I know it's an old game, but I'm liking it.
- GatewaySnayke
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 11923
- Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
- Location: GatewaySnaykebird
Re: The Video Game Thread
I can't really play baseball on video games anymore. I've become such a nerd for the stats that I'd rather get Diamond Mind and trade Skip Schumaker.


