Page 62 of 347
Re: The Video Game Thread
Posted: March 29 09, 1:51 pm
by clevername
I always start them and get really excited and love it only to get tired of playing the games and seeing the same computer tendencies over and over again and end up quitting playing the games before I'm 1/3 through with the season, then I sim for a while and do a bunch of trades, then I just stop playing.
I wish it could hold my attention longer. I'm still tempted to give The Show a spin this year and plan to via gamefly, but I won't be doing the Road to the Show thing since that was insanely frustrating before and I've read it's not any better. It's a shame since it's a pretty cool concept...I just don't want to put all that effort and frustration into going through the minors to end up being John Gall. I want to play the road to the show for a legit player/star.
Re: The Video Game Thread
Posted: March 29 09, 5:10 pm
by tscards
Michael wrote:Perhaps I'm not being aggressive enough, but my main compliant with The Show's mechanics is I think I should be scoring a tad bit more when there is a runner on 2nd and I get a hit.
I've noticed this also. I'm just hoping I'm not as familiar with controls as I should be to keep the runner going.
Re: The Video Game Thread
Posted: March 29 09, 11:03 pm
by AdmiralKird
I just shelled out $180 for an adapter to allow me to use a mouse and keyboard with my XBox360. I'm tired of the inferior control scheme causing me to die to 11 year old kids in Halo because I grew up using a mouse and keyboard in the first Unreal Tournament instead of dumb analog sticks. I figure this isn't a bad investment either, as there are only 500 of these custom controllers in existence (there are others to be had for $80 or so but they're vastly inferior). Due to future scarcity, the price of these units should only appreciate in value over the next 10 years.
Re: The Video Game Thread
Posted: March 30 09, 11:05 am
by AJ
clevername wrote:I wish it could hold my attention longer. I'm still tempted to give The Show a spin this year and plan to via gamefly, but I won't be doing the Road to the Show thing since that was insanely frustrating before and I've read it's not any better. It's a shame since it's a pretty cool concept...I just don't want to put all that effort and frustration into going through the minors to end up being John Gall. I want to play the road to the show for a legit player/star.
Road to The Show 09 is definitely harder than 08, but you can become a star. I started out with Springfield, right before the trading deadline my first year, I'm batting .240 with 0 homers and they traded me to the White Sox. I was hitting all my goals in spite of this (I basically hoarded training points from spring training and the first month of the season and only allocated them for goals or if I started regressing). I ended up my first year in Birmingham and finished .260 with two homers.
Year two I started in AAA,, I mashed .360 with 25 homers and probably 80 RBI's. I was finally able to up my contact and power enough to actually hit.
Year 3, I started in the Majors, mashed at a .460 clip with 40 homers and 190 RBI's, I'm in year 6 now with the White Sox, and my stats are the same except I'm now hitting around 65 homers a year and won the WS my third year with the White Sox. I've almost maxed out all the points (only lacking in arm, baserunning and bunting)
I play on Veteran and only hit, I sim all baserunning (because the controls for this are absolutely horrible) and I sim fielding. The seasons fly by.
I guess the point is, RTTS is incredibly frustrating at the start, and it continues. All of a sudden overnight though you will start mashing.
Re: The Video Game Thread
Posted: March 30 09, 11:44 am
by tscards
Sounds pretty neat! Wondering if pitching is pretty much the same. I tried a game as a pitcher in the rtts & really sucked for a few innings before I had to stop playing. I was seemingly pitching pretty good otherwise with other games.
Re: The Video Game Thread
Posted: March 30 09, 11:59 am
by Diddy
will the show automaticaly update trades or do i have to do it? I played as the Cards last night for the first time and still had AK @ 2B
Re: The Video Game Thread
Posted: March 30 09, 12:05 pm
by TimeForGuinness
I'm very much enjoying Fallout 3
Re: The Video Game Thread
Posted: March 30 09, 12:13 pm
by PujolJunkie
I don't know if anyone has posted this or not but:
Valve's Left 4 Dead Survival Pack DLC will be released on Xbox 360 on April 21, Microsoft has just confirmed.
The pack includes the new survival mode, which challenges players to hold out against a never ending wave of infected for as long as possible, as well as the addition of the Dead Air and Death Toll campaigns in Versus mode.
Valve has previously said that the DLC pack will be released on Xbox 360 and PC simultaneously, so we'd say it's a fair bet that mouse and keyboard gamers will see the add-on on the same date.
Not only that, but it's completely free.

Re: The Video Game Thread
Posted: March 30 09, 12:24 pm
by tscards
Diddy wrote:will the show automaticaly update trades or do i have to do it? I played as the Cards last night for the first time and still had AK @ 2B
I am wondering the same thing. Hoping that there will be some automatic updates soon.
Re: The Video Game Thread
Posted: March 30 09, 12:26 pm
by Jocephus
PujolJunkie wrote:I don't know if anyone has posted this or not but:
Valve's Left 4 Dead Survival Pack DLC will be released on Xbox 360 on April 21, Microsoft has just confirmed.
The pack includes the new survival mode, which challenges players to hold out against a never ending wave of infected for as long as possible, as well as the addition of the Dead Air and Death Toll campaigns in Versus mode.
Valve has previously said that the DLC pack will be released on Xbox 360 and PC simultaneously, so we'd say it's a fair bet that mouse and keyboard gamers will see the add-on on the same date.
Not only that, but it's completely free.

been waiting for this for awhile....and RE5 has a dlc pack for 5$ out on the 9th of april, i believe