Page 637 of 704

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 30 08, 8:08 am
by InvincibleCakeEater
BW23 wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:
BW23 wrote:I love how someone can ask a presidential candidate a question on the campaign trail and have themselves dragged through the mud by the media. The scrutiny of Joe is beyond the ridiculous level.
I think people are just annoyed by his self-promotion and obvious grabbing of his 15 minutes of fame.

I will freely admit that I don't like it that news outlets immediately investigate these instant celebrities within minutes. I'm sure he's just an average Joe. It's the Republicans who made him a huge story, when there's not all that much particularly interesting about his situation.
The scrutiny took place immediately...digging into his past, looking for ways to put him down. And it wasn't just the news outlets.

Did the Republicans make him a huge story? Yeah, I guess. But it was because of the answer that Obama gave that set them off. "Spread the wealth". That's what started it all. And now, the best way to get people to ignore that is to paint Joe in a bad light.

Disgusting.
Your back must hurt from leaning severely to the right all the time. I don't know how someone can logically come up with this conclusion with all that has happened since Joe asked Obama a question.

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 30 08, 8:11 am
by Popeye_Card
BW23 wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:
BW23 wrote:I love how someone can ask a presidential candidate a question on the campaign trail and have themselves dragged through the mud by the media. The scrutiny of Joe is beyond the ridiculous level.
I think people are just annoyed by his self-promotion and obvious grabbing of his 15 minutes of fame.

I will freely admit that I don't like it that news outlets immediately investigate these instant celebrities within minutes. I'm sure he's just an average Joe. It's the Republicans who made him a huge story, when there's not all that much particularly interesting about his situation.
The scrutiny took place immediately...digging into his past, looking for ways to put him down. And it wasn't just the news outlets.

Did the Republicans make him a huge story? Yeah, I guess. But it was because of the answer that Obama gave that set them off. "Spread the wealth". That's what started it all. And now, the best way to get people to ignore that is to paint Joe in a bad light.

Disgusting.
Painting people in a bad light. Hmm. Interesting concept that's completely foreign to the Republican party...

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 30 08, 8:17 am
by ghostrunner
BW23 wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:
BW23 wrote:I love how someone can ask a presidential candidate a question on the campaign trail and have themselves dragged through the mud by the media. The scrutiny of Joe is beyond the ridiculous level.
I think people are just annoyed by his self-promotion and obvious grabbing of his 15 minutes of fame.

I will freely admit that I don't like it that news outlets immediately investigate these instant celebrities within minutes. I'm sure he's just an average Joe. It's the Republicans who made him a huge story, when there's not all that much particularly interesting about his situation.
The scrutiny took place immediately...digging into his past, looking for ways to put him down. And it wasn't just the news outlets.

Did the Republicans make him a huge story? Yeah, I guess. But it was because of the answer that Obama gave that set them off. "Spread the wealth". That's what started it all. And now, the best way to get people to ignore that is to paint Joe in a bad light.

Disgusting.
The guy said he was interested in owning a plumbing business, and at this point he calls it a fall back career. Obviously the validity of his story is questionable, and he's been fully cooperative in his interviews. He now has a publicist and is taking advantage of the situation. If he had kept quiet and said "leave me alone" it might be different.

The point of his question is still valid, and Obama answered it. Spread the wealth is the philosophy behind the current income tax system and has been for a century. Where the brackets fall and how much they're taxed has gone up and down the whole time depending on the people in charge and the circumstances.

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 30 08, 8:19 am
by letsgocards89
ghostrunner wrote:
BW23 wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:
BW23 wrote:I love how someone can ask a presidential candidate a question on the campaign trail and have themselves dragged through the mud by the media. The scrutiny of Joe is beyond the ridiculous level.
I think people are just annoyed by his self-promotion and obvious grabbing of his 15 minutes of fame.

I will freely admit that I don't like it that news outlets immediately investigate these instant celebrities within minutes. I'm sure he's just an average Joe. It's the Republicans who made him a huge story, when there's not all that much particularly interesting about his situation.
The scrutiny took place immediately...digging into his past, looking for ways to put him down. And it wasn't just the news outlets.

Did the Republicans make him a huge story? Yeah, I guess. But it was because of the answer that Obama gave that set them off. "Spread the wealth". That's what started it all. And now, the best way to get people to ignore that is to paint Joe in a bad light.

Disgusting.
The guy said he was interested in owning a plumbing business, and at this point he calls it a fall back career. Obviously the validity of his story is questionable, and he's been fully cooperative in his interviews. He now has a publicist and is taking advantage of the situation. If he had kept quiet and said "leave me alone" it might be different.

The point of his question is still valid, and Obama answered it. Spread the wealth is the philosophy behind the current income tax system and has been for a century. Where the brackets fall and how much they're taxed has gone up and down the whole time depending on the people in charge and the circumstances.
Hence the growing support for a flat tax/Fair Tax restructuring.

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 30 08, 8:21 am
by ghostrunner
letsgocards89 wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:
BW23 wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:
BW23 wrote:I love how someone can ask a presidential candidate a question on the campaign trail and have themselves dragged through the mud by the media. The scrutiny of Joe is beyond the ridiculous level.
I think people are just annoyed by his self-promotion and obvious grabbing of his 15 minutes of fame.

I will freely admit that I don't like it that news outlets immediately investigate these instant celebrities within minutes. I'm sure he's just an average Joe. It's the Republicans who made him a huge story, when there's not all that much particularly interesting about his situation.
The scrutiny took place immediately...digging into his past, looking for ways to put him down. And it wasn't just the news outlets.

Did the Republicans make him a huge story? Yeah, I guess. But it was because of the answer that Obama gave that set them off. "Spread the wealth". That's what started it all. And now, the best way to get people to ignore that is to paint Joe in a bad light.

Disgusting.
The guy said he was interested in owning a plumbing business, and at this point he calls it a fall back career. Obviously the validity of his story is questionable, and he's been fully cooperative in his interviews. He now has a publicist and is taking advantage of the situation. If he had kept quiet and said "leave me alone" it might be different.

The point of his question is still valid, and Obama answered it. Spread the wealth is the philosophy behind the current income tax system and has been for a century. Where the brackets fall and how much they're taxed has gone up and down the whole time depending on the people in charge and the circumstances.
Hence the growing support for a flat tax/Fair Tax restructuring.
I'm skeptical about it, but bringing that up is a better argument than calling someone a socialist. At least that's a policy/philosophy discussion.

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 30 08, 8:22 am
by BW23
Popeye_Card wrote:
BW23 wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:
BW23 wrote:I love how someone can ask a presidential candidate a question on the campaign trail and have themselves dragged through the mud by the media. The scrutiny of Joe is beyond the ridiculous level.
I think people are just annoyed by his self-promotion and obvious grabbing of his 15 minutes of fame.

I will freely admit that I don't like it that news outlets immediately investigate these instant celebrities within minutes. I'm sure he's just an average Joe. It's the Republicans who made him a huge story, when there's not all that much particularly interesting about his situation.
The scrutiny took place immediately...digging into his past, looking for ways to put him down. And it wasn't just the news outlets.

Did the Republicans make him a huge story? Yeah, I guess. But it was because of the answer that Obama gave that set them off. "Spread the wealth". That's what started it all. And now, the best way to get people to ignore that is to paint Joe in a bad light.

Disgusting.
Painting people in a bad light. Hmm. Interesting concept that's completely foreign to the Republican party...
It's bad no matter who does it. I'm not so partisan I can't admit that. There's no reason to discredit him because he asked a question that exposed a fundamental flaw, according to Republicans.

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 30 08, 8:29 am
by Freed Roger
BW23 wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:
BW23 wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:
BW23 wrote:I love how someone can ask a presidential candidate a question on the campaign trail and have themselves dragged through the mud by the media. The scrutiny of Joe is beyond the ridiculous level.
I think people are just annoyed by his self-promotion and obvious grabbing of his 15 minutes of fame.

I will freely admit that I don't like it that news outlets immediately investigate these instant celebrities within minutes. I'm sure he's just an average Joe. It's the Republicans who made him a huge story, when there's not all that much particularly interesting about his situation.
The scrutiny took place immediately...digging into his past, looking for ways to put him down. And it wasn't just the news outlets.

Did the Republicans make him a huge story? Yeah, I guess. But it was because of the answer that Obama gave that set them off. "Spread the wealth". That's what started it all. And now, the best way to get people to ignore that is to paint Joe in a bad light.

Disgusting.
Painting people in a bad light. Hmm. Interesting concept that's completely foreign to the Republican party...
It's bad no matter who does it. I'm not so partisan I can't admit that. There's no reason to discredit him because he asked a question that exposed a fundamental flaw, according to Republicans.
Not sure what this fundamental flaw that he exposed? that trickle down policies haven't worked. The only thing Joe exposed is himself as a tool.

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 30 08, 8:35 am
by InvincibleCakeEater
BRB, pre ordering his book on Amazon and album from ITunes.

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 30 08, 8:37 am
by The Green Miles
I'm voting McKinney for obvious reasons.

http://www.gp.org/index.php

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 30 08, 8:44 am
by Popeye_Card
BW23 wrote:
It's bad no matter who does it. I'm not so partisan I can't admit that. There's no reason to discredit him because he asked a question that exposed a fundamental flaw, according to Republicans.
What "discrediting" is going on? Some news outlets did some background checking on the guy, found out that he's a registered Republican and owes some back taxes. Anyone else poking fun at him is because of his own self-promotion. The McCain campaign is the only one running ads about the guy--it's not like Obama has smeared him in any way. Am I missing something here?

And I don't agree that spreading the wealth is a fundamental flaw. The only thing that statement has done has helped the Republicans to make "socialist!" claims. When McCain himself has talked about spreading the wealth around in the past.