Page 65 of 211

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: April 24 12, 2:48 pm
by thrill
Touche, Mayans. Touche.

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: April 24 12, 4:49 pm
by lukethedrifter
"Football is obviously broken," said Barcelona midfielder, and defender of all that is right, Xavi. "When the team that just scores the most goals is ruled the winner over a team that holds the ball for the vast majority of the match only because the rules say so, something is very wrong. And it is time we correct that wrong. Because Cesc is suffering."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-di ... 01843.html



reminds me of some comments in the Red Sox thread

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: April 24 12, 5:00 pm
by thrill
Piety begat hypocrisy. Just because this is the first major club or international trophy that douche hasn't won since like 2007 doesn't mean all of a sudden the sport is dead. It's a fluke, an outlier and he should just go get ready for the Euro's.

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: April 30 12, 6:26 pm
by slide_into_first
I told maddash to root for Manchester City.

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: May 3 12, 8:36 am
by thrill
Look. At. This. Goal.
[SHOW]
Image
NASTY.

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: May 3 12, 9:14 am
by TimeForGuinness
Oh wow

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: May 3 12, 9:39 am
by JackofDiamonds
Saw this on Grantland or FSC, can't remember. I still can't believe it's real. I don't know how he put so much power/spin on an off-balance half-volley.

In hockey, I'd say sick mitts, top-shelf snipe and celly... can you give me the terminology here so I can be cool? I want to be cool.

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: May 3 12, 10:08 am
by thrill
That would be an outside-foot curler into the far-post upper-90 or simply, a GOLAZO. Or maybe even a GOLAZO-AZO-AZO.

Freddy Montero did a nasty piece of business last night too. Little far-post, upper-90 from distance action vs the Galaxy.

[/youtube]

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: May 3 12, 4:31 pm
by lukethedrifter
bob thrill wrote:Look. At. This. Goal.
[SHOW]
Image
NASTY.

gif link is dead for me. got another?

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: May 3 12, 4:36 pm
by thrill
The premier league is really good at controlling content.

Here's a link to a video that I can't embed and will force you to watch a 20 second ad.

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_i ... cisse.html