Page 646 of 704

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 30 08, 2:47 pm
by ghostrunner
Just voted two hours ago.

Voted Obama for President.

Mitch Daniels, the Republican, for governor. He's interesting. Way too bland to ever run for president, but he's actually gotten a lot done, and balanced the budget. He's more of what I imagined Bush meant when he said "i'm a uniter, not a divider." From what I can tell, he's gotten a lot of Obama voters. It also helps that the woman running for the Democrats ran the worst campaign I've ever seen.

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 30 08, 3:32 pm
by PujolJunkie
Tucker Bounds is truly just an idiot.

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 30 08, 3:46 pm
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
omaha_red wrote:my sister told me the thought of Obama as president "Scares the hell out of her"

can someone explain this?
I'm working with a guy right now that has 6 unsigned contracts on his desk. If McCain wins, they'll all be signed. If Obama wins, either 1 or none of them will be. The developer is unwilling to develop anything b/c he's not willing to risk his money and face the possibility of the cg tax increase and/or the associated income tax increase. I would say that's pretty stupid, but, then again, it's his money.

I asked the guy what the developer was going to do for the next 8 years, and the guy said not a thing. Apparently, the developer is perfectly willing to sit on his ass and not make any money and not pay higher taxes for the next however long and just live on his savings. Must be nice, but hopefully they're not all like that b/c that would scare the hell out of me.

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 30 08, 3:52 pm
by lukethedrifter
One guy I work with thinks Obama could be part of a terrorist cell. He could be. Really.

Another said the only person he'd not favor Obama is Hitler but knowing the guy I'm pretty sure he'd pull the lever for Adolf.

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 30 08, 3:53 pm
by G. Keenan
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
omaha_red wrote:my sister told me the thought of Obama as president "Scares the hell out of her"

can someone explain this?
I'm working with a guy right now that has 6 unsigned contracts on his desk. If McCain wins, they'll all be signed. If Obama wins, either 1 or none of them will be. The developer is unwilling to develop anything b/c he's not willing to risk his money and face the possibility of the cg tax increase and/or the associated income tax increase. I would say that's pretty stupid, but, then again, it's his money.

I asked the guy what the developer was going to do for the next 8 years, and the guy said not a thing. Apparently, the developer is perfectly willing to sit on his ass and not make any money and not pay higher taxes for the next however long and just live on his savings. Must be nice, but hopefully they're not all like that b/c that would scare the hell out of me.
I'm sure there are other developers who will be happy to take the opportunities he's foregoing.

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 30 08, 3:55 pm
by wart57
Obama is the anti-crist...... I kid you not, I actually heard several people say this, and THAT makes me sick.

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 30 08, 3:57 pm
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
G. Keenan wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
omaha_red wrote:my sister told me the thought of Obama as president "Scares the hell out of her"

can someone explain this?
I'm working with a guy right now that has 6 unsigned contracts on his desk. If McCain wins, they'll all be signed. If Obama wins, either 1 or none of them will be. The developer is unwilling to develop anything b/c he's not willing to risk his money and face the possibility of the cg tax increase and/or the associated income tax increase. I would say that's pretty stupid, but, then again, it's his money.

I asked the guy what the developer was going to do for the next 8 years, and the guy said not a thing. Apparently, the developer is perfectly willing to sit on his ass and not make any money and not pay higher taxes for the next however long and just live on his savings. Must be nice, but hopefully they're not all like that b/c that would scare the hell out of me.
I'm sure there are other developers who will be happy to take the opportunities he's foregoing.
One can only hope.

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 30 08, 4:00 pm
by jim
Lot of crazy and scary stuff out there...

This will be my seventh presidential election that I have voted in, and I have never been so rock solid sure of a candidate in my life. I am absolutely, positively convinced that Obama is the right man at the right time.

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 30 08, 4:04 pm
by wart57
jim wrote:Lot of crazy and scary stuff out there...

This will be my seventh presidential election that I have voted in, and I have never been so rock solid sure of a candidate in my life. I am absolutely, positively convinced that Obama is the right man at the right time.
That is what scares me about this election, there are so many people so sure about Obama, and quite a few who are hell bent against him. I have never seen such a polarizing candidate. I am just ready for this election to be over with. I don't really think either guy is going to be able to do much of what they are promnising.

Re: Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Posted: October 30 08, 4:05 pm
by cpebbles
My grandmother in Poplar Bluff has received the Obama attack mailers, but I'm not getting them in a more rural community nearby. I did, on the other hand, just have to print up a Snopes article to disprove a flier being passed around locally by McCain supporters, that claims Obama thinks the National Anthem should be replaced with something less bellicose like I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing. I'm not sure whether I'm more amused or saddened that this needs to be disproved...