4-27 Post Game Thread

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Post Reply
User avatar
haltz
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22630
Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis

Post by haltz »

Apparently, Miklasz wrote a column about the Cubs that supposedly took "cheap shots" at them... Bernie asked a question, and TLR confronted him about it... argument ensues. Tony left the podium to go up to him and everything.
Hahaha, that's great. I was talking to a friend a couple of minutes ago and he said that there was something on Duncan's tobacco use on the front page of the P-D, people were writing in defending him and vice versa, basically saying that it was a big deal apparently. He thought it was hysterical. According to that thread, now Papa Duncan isn't talking to the P-D either for that reason I guess.

Is this because of the Tinker, Evers, Chance thing?

User avatar
Elphie15
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4625
Joined: May 5 06, 11:07 pm
Location: St. Louis <3

Post by Elphie15 »

That seriously made my night. Even overshadowed the loss. That rocked!

User avatar
stretch
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3966
Joined: May 8 06, 8:26 pm
Location: Joplin, MO

Post by stretch »

haltz wrote:
Apparently, Miklasz wrote a column about the Cubs that supposedly took "cheap shots" at them... Bernie asked a question, and TLR confronted him about it... argument ensues. Tony left the podium to go up to him and everything.
Hahaha, that's great. I was talking to a friend a couple of minutes ago and he said that there was something on Duncan's tobacco use on the front page of the P-D, people were writing in defending him and vice versa, basically saying that it was a big deal apparently. He thought it was hysterical. According to that thread, now Papa Duncan isn't talking to the P-D either for that reason I guess.

Is this because of the Tinker, Evers, Chance thing?
Yep.

User avatar
businessmansspecial
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4284
Joined: May 6 06, 6:22 pm

Post by businessmansspecial »

I want to see it!!!!!!!!

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy
Posts: 24904
Joined: April 15 06, 6:25 pm
Location: St. Louis

Post by planet planet »

Elphie15 wrote:
haltz wrote:
Elphie15 wrote:TLR is CHEWING OUT Bernie at the moment.
What about?

Some idiot somewhere has blacked out the postgame up here.
Apparently, Miklasz wrote a column about the Cubs that supposedly took "cheap shots" at them... Bernie asked a question, and TLR confronted him about it... argument ensues. Tony left the podium to go up to him and everything.

I think that's how it went down. I'm sure I'm not 100% correct, though. Can anyone verify?

That rocked! I'm dissappointed chairs weren't thrown! :lol:
Not unlike what goes on here, the Cubs have a good team especially if Hill, Lilly, and Marquis continue to pitch as they have. You know Zambrano's going to come around (not unlike Pujols). Yet people continue to deride the Cubs, mocking the futility, etc. This team could very well end up kicking our butts this year. Not that it negates our success through the 2000's, but we have some good Cub fans on our site and I'd like to keep them here.

Joe Wells
All-Star
Posts: 1329
Joined: April 6 07, 6:59 pm

Post by Joe Wells »

Why did this have to be TV Turnoff Week (my son is doing it, so I'm joining in)? The postgame sounds like a classic.

Goold rewrote Tinkers to Evers to Chance into No Tinkers, No Evers, No chance. That's what has TonyL in a snit.

User avatar
haltz
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22630
Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis

Post by haltz »

Not unlike what goes on here, the Cubs have a good team especially if Hill, Lilly, and Marquis continue to pitch as they have. You know Zambrano's going to come around (not unlike Pujols). Yet people continue to deride the Cubs, mocking the futility, etc. This team could very well end up kicking our butts this year. Not that it negates our success through the 2000's, but we have some good Cub fans on our site and I'd like to keep them here.
Yeah, but it's a silly parody of a poem. It isn't derisive, it just comes with the territory of being a Cardinals fan. I don't know about putting it in the P-D, but I seriously doubt that if it had been posted here it would upset any of the Cub fans on the board. I lurk over at NSBB every now and then and I don't get upset when the Cub fans there say ridiculous stuff about the Cardinals, it's just part of it.

They should love any mention of that poem anyway, there aren't that many Cubs in the Hall of Fame, and there would be less without it. OK, there are probably lots now that I think about it.

I hope Marquis continues to pitch exactly like he did tonight. It'll catch up with him sooner than later.

User avatar
Asmodai
Veteran Player
Posts: 1121
Joined: February 9 07, 7:37 pm

Post by Asmodai »

haltz wrote:Yeah, but it's a silly parody of a poem. It isn't derisive, it just comes with the territory of being a Cardinals fan. I don't know about putting it in the P-D, but I seriously doubt that if it had been posted here it would upset any of the Cub fans on the board. I lurk over at NSBB every now and then and I don't get upset when the Cub fans there say ridiculous stuff about the Cardinals, it's just part of it.

ALBERT PUJOLS IS THE DEVIL AND HAS BEEN CURSED FOR THE SEASON

Knot Hole Gang Vet
In perpetuum
Posts: 1464
Joined: April 21 06, 4:15 pm
Location: Monterey, California

Post by Knot Hole Gang Vet »

Will someone please pick up an ironing board and drop by our dugout, and stick it in Preston Wilsons' bat rack before tomorrows game?

It's hard to watch him at bat, his mental approach is faulty in some way. Does the batting coach have any input with him? It appears not.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
Posts: 50393
Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm

Post by jim »

CarpMan wrote:
jim wrote:
Radbird wrote:
planet pujolsian wrote:
clevername wrote:I'm really glad we re-signed Jim Edmonds so he can be pinch hit for with So freaking Taguchi in crucial late game situations.
WORD. On the other hand, Preston Wilson is left in to face the righty, no problem.
I'd love to see TLR get grilled about this in the post-game conf. We'd be having an entirely different discussion here if it'd been Edmonds and Speezer in the 8th instead of So and PDub.

I'm far from a LaRussa basher, but I'm really scratching my head at this one.
I didn't mind the PH. Tags is tough to double up, you have a suicide possibility if the count works in your favor.



But, Jim, you HAVE to use Spiezio or the bat boy or someone for Wilson.
That strikeout was soooooooooooooooooo predictable. Why can't LaRussa see the obvious?
Disagree. Speez is much better from the left side than the right, and who is going to play CF? You put Tags up there, a guy that puts the ball in play and isnt a huge DP risk, and save Speez for a different spot (like the one where he almost tied the game up).

I dont fault TLR for that move at all.

Post Reply