Page 8 of 51
Re: Edmonds heading to San Diego
Posted: December 14 07, 10:44 pm
by obucard
07come11 wrote:Leroy wrote:jdk82 wrote:Tim McKernan say Edmonds not aware that he got traded
Just talk to Edmonds and if he has been traded, he said he wasn't aware of it.
I emailed him the link of the story.
He said he'll let me know if/when anything is finalized.
The fact that he didn't know about it doesn't mean the story is false...but it is kind of odd.
http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=508981
Wouldn't he have to approve it?
McKernan kind of intimates that Edmonds knows but can't say anything about it yet.
http://www.insidestl.com/forums/showthr ... 093&page=2
Honestly, no.
I there's a lot going on...and he didn't want to get into it.
There's always been that unsaid rule that when it comes to [expletive] like this, I go back to being the evil media guy. That's why he said he'd let me know the details if/when things become official.
Technically Edmonds would have to know. As a 10-5 guy, he has to approve any trade.
Re: Edmonds heading to San Diego
Posted: December 14 07, 10:45 pm
by Leroy
Radbird wrote:Leroy wrote:Yeah, we are getting a sally league 3b to replace Rolen.
It would be far from the strangest move we've made this offseason.
That wasn't really at you Rad, just kind of towards you and hoping I'd come close.

Re: Edmonds heading to San Diego
Posted: December 14 07, 10:47 pm
by Leroy
obucard wrote:07come11 wrote:Leroy wrote:jdk82 wrote:Tim McKernan say Edmonds not aware that he got traded
Just talk to Edmonds and if he has been traded, he said he wasn't aware of it.
I emailed him the link of the story.
He said he'll let me know if/when anything is finalized.
The fact that he didn't know about it doesn't mean the story is false...but it is kind of odd.
http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=508981
Wouldn't he have to approve it?
McKernan kind of intimates that Edmonds knows but can't say anything about it yet.
http://www.insidestl.com/forums/showthr ... 093&page=2
Honestly, no.
I there's a lot going on...and he didn't want to get into it.
There's always been that unsaid rule that when it comes to [expletive] like this, I go back to being the evil media guy. That's why he said he'd let me know the details if/when things become official.
Technically Edmonds would have to know. As a 10-5 guy, he has to approve any trade.
That's what I thought. But I don't doubt he'd go back to Cali, to Cali, to Cali.
Re: Edmonds heading to San Diego
Posted: December 14 07, 10:48 pm
by skmsw
obucard wrote:Technically Edmonds would have to know. As a 10-5 guy, he has to approve any trade.
Well, it's possible that earlier in the off-season he told them he'd take any SoCal trade, and they haven't told him yet but knnow he'll say yes.
College or no college, I still don't like the idea of a 25 year old (april 28) who's yet to reach AA.
Re: Edmonds heading to San Diego
Posted: December 14 07, 10:49 pm
by cpebbles
Freese isn't that bad, but I suspect we're paying too much of Jim's salary. As long as we're not putting together a competitive team for '08, and we're not doing anything with the money this saves anyway, why not keep around a fan favorite for his final season?
Re: Edmonds heading to San Diego
Posted: December 14 07, 10:49 pm
by maddash
I guess we just have to trust that Cardinals management knows what they're doing, right? Right?
Honestly though, Jimmy isn't worth as much as we sentimental Cardinal fans think he is. I still don't like the trade if it's true... but it's probably not that bad of a deal (depending on how much money we still have to pay)
Re: Edmonds heading to San Diego
Posted: December 14 07, 10:49 pm
by Radbird
Leroy wrote:Radbird wrote:Leroy wrote:Yeah, we are getting a sally league 3b to replace Rolen.
It would be far from the strangest move we've made this offseason.
That wasn't really at you Rad, just kind of towards you and hoping I'd come close.

I'm surprised I can even type at this point, I'm so perplexed. Please tell me that when the entire offseason has unfolded that what has happened so far will make sense in hindsight.
Re: Edmonds heading to San Diego
Posted: December 14 07, 10:51 pm
by jagtrader
The deal itself is fine. But combine it with the recent history of the team, its complete lack of ability to get anything done, and you can't trust the decision makers any more. They're more likely to pocket the extra payroll than use it to improve the roster. And the fans won't even have Edmonds to watch any more.
Re: Edmonds heading to San Diego
Posted: December 14 07, 10:52 pm
by Leroy
Radbird wrote:Leroy wrote:Radbird wrote:Leroy wrote:Yeah, we are getting a sally league 3b to replace Rolen.
It would be far from the strangest move we've made this offseason.
That wasn't really at you Rad, just kind of towards you and hoping I'd come close.

I'm surprised I can even type at this point, I'm so perplexed. Please tell me that when the entire offseason has unfolded that what has happened so far will make sense in hindsight.
I think the Cards are saying, 'so who hates Walt now?'
I can only laugh at this point.
Re: Edmonds heading to San Diego
Posted: December 14 07, 10:53 pm
by EastonBlues22
skmsw wrote:
College or no college, I still don't like the idea of a 25 year old (april 28) who's yet to reach AA.
I'm not a fan either...but, I am
slightly appeased by the fact that he's a local product.
Not because it's a "feel good" thing for the community, but because he's probably been heavily scouted by the organization. If you're going to trade for an old prospect, you better have seen him enough to be sure that he's legitimate.