Page 8 of 83

Re: MAGIC NUMBER: 45

Posted: August 13 09, 6:56 pm
by Oquendo11
haltz wrote:Our magic number is 45 (or 44 now). That's a fact. Keep the thread, who cares. It effects nothing.
How is stating the magic number any different than stating the Cardinals are up by 4.5 games? Both are just as true. I don't see one as bragging any more than the other.

I say enjoy the season and don't worry about what may happen.

And I wouldn't mind if 2006 plays out again, as long as it end the same way.

Re: MAGIC NUMBER: 45

Posted: August 13 09, 7:01 pm
by haltz
Oquendo11 wrote:How is stating the magic number any different than stating the Cardinals are up by 4.5 games? Both are just as true. I don't see one as bragging any more than the other.
I agree.
I say enjoy the season and don't worry about what may happen.
I like worrying (or at least talking) about what might happen.

Re: MAGIC NUMBER: 45

Posted: August 13 09, 7:20 pm
by epinephrine
Wouldn't the magic number be 44 now since the Cubs lost?

Re: MAGIC NUMBER: 45

Posted: August 13 09, 7:26 pm
by Ace
epinephrine wrote:Wouldn't the magic number be 44 now since the Cubs lost?
When is Al Reyes expected to return from his injury?

Re: MAGIC NUMBER: 45

Posted: August 13 09, 7:26 pm
by Oquendo11
haltz wrote:I like worrying (or at least talking) about what might happen.
To each his own. I get more enjoyment by looking for positives rather than negatives.

Re: MAGIC NUMBER: 45

Posted: August 13 09, 7:27 pm
by mcgee51taguchi99
HAY GUISE LETS THIS GET THING UP DATEDK THX 44 IS SEREISS NUMBA

Re: MAGIC NUMBER: 45

Posted: August 13 09, 7:36 pm
by haltz
Oquendo11 wrote:
haltz wrote:I like worrying (or at least talking) about what might happen.
To each his own. I get more enjoyment by looking for positives rather than negatives.
I didn't say positive or negative, just what might happen. What's likely to happen this year is a definite positive.

I feel like I'm missing something in this exchange. All I originally said was that the thread was harmless.

Re: MAGIC NUMBER: 45

Posted: August 13 09, 7:41 pm
by Oquendo11
haltz wrote:I feel like I'm missing something in this exchange. All I originally said was that the thread was harmless.
I'm not arguing or even disagreeing with you in any way. I quoted you, because I agreed with your comment.

I am just saying, I (me personally) prefer to enjoy the Cardinals winning and do not like to worry about what may go wrong.

Re: MAGIC NUMBER: 45

Posted: August 13 09, 8:02 pm
by Ace
The only thing I enjoy is when a game is still tied 0-0. I either get too excited/frustrated when one of the teams score that my brain shuts down temporarily.

Re: MAGIC NUMBER: 45

Posted: August 13 09, 9:22 pm
by InvincibleCakeEater
cardsfansince82 wrote:I bet the PMs included:
:obucardheadbang: [-( :evil:
:thumb: