Page 8 of 38

Re: 2011 WS Game 6 in perpetuum

Posted: November 17 11, 2:41 am
by Freed Roger
redbirdjazzz wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:Laird is going to be the guy who when we see these highlights ten years from now we'll wonder "who the [expletive] is that guy?"
I had a moment of that during the live celebration.
Laird reminded me of Chase Daniels during NO Saints SB run. No doubt, each contributing members to championship teams, but with a knack for random camera appearances above their contribution aka camera whores

Re: 2011 WS Game 6 in perpetuum

Posted: November 17 11, 8:27 am
by cards2468
Freed Roger wrote:
cards2468 wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
fanforever wrote:
[SHOW]
Image
I'm tempted to buy game 6 on iTunes so I can watch it and get drunk to it tonight.
I take it you didn't do either of these. Otherwise we'd have heard a nice drunk rave about it, because game 6 is impossible to watch without a comment, as a GRB-affiliated Cardinal fan, especially if your drunk.

/will there be a letdown when people re-watch game 6 after it's been hyped to the hilt? I think not.

Hell, when the family is together at Christmas, I plan to put game 6 vid for a watch with the family (A few that I was texting w/ when that game occurred) rather than plugging in "Christmas Carol" or "It's a Wonderful Life". Merry [expletive] Christmas Cardinal Fans! And a Happy [expletive] New Year too.
Didn't buy it on iTunes. Got home, roommate asked if I wanted to go do something, so I texted some friends and a bunch of us went out and got trashed. Maybe I'll wait until my DVD box set comes (anybody knows if they're releasing them on bluray?)

Re: 2011 WS Game 6 in perpetuum

Posted: November 17 11, 8:33 am
by Leroy
I'm going to try and buy game six from what I can only guess is a disreputable online retailer. It is only 8 bucks, and we will pay by money order, so hopefully it is ok. I just need the ninth inning.

I did buy the Itunes version too, but am to dumb to get it to work on my tv. I think I need a hdmi cable that converts to the little red white and yellow rca jacks. I can get picture on the tv, but sound through the computer. We'll see.

Re: 2011 WS Game 6 in perpetuum

Posted: November 17 11, 9:00 am
by Jmodene
At least Laird got into a WS game. Back in 1982, there were three guys on the 25 man roster who didn't get into a WS game - Julio Gonzalez, John Martin, and Steve Mura - and Glenn Brummer only got to catch one inning (the 9th inning of Game 6). Imagine that - we used only 8 pitchers in 7 WS games that year; nowadays, we use 8 pitchers in *one* game. ;)

Re: 2011 WS Game 6 in perpetuum

Posted: November 17 11, 11:25 am
by docellis
I wish I could get it on amazon or absolutely any other vendor than itunes.

Re: 2011 WS Game 6 in perpetuum

Posted: November 17 11, 4:33 pm
by Jocephus
fanforever wrote:Recalling the 2011 World Series
Preview-Major League Baseball Productions presents the 2011 World Series film
this and the 7 disc DVD are hella cheap on amazon right now

http://www.amazon.com/World-Collectors- ... d_cp_mov_1

http://www.amazon.com/Cardinals-Officia ... 036&sr=1-2

(^ blu ray version, dvd version is 1 click away)

Re: 2011 WS Game 6 in perpetuum

Posted: November 17 11, 4:58 pm
by IMADreamer
Jocephus wrote:
fanforever wrote:Recalling the 2011 World Series
Preview-Major League Baseball Productions presents the 2011 World Series film
this and the 7 disc DVD are hella cheap on amazon right now

http://www.amazon.com/World-Collectors- ... d_cp_mov_1

http://www.amazon.com/Cardinals-Officia ... 036&sr=1-2

(^ blu ray version, dvd version is 1 click away)
I ordered like a half dozen of those DVDs for Christmas gifts. I've been told not to order the 7 DVD set though because Santa may be bringing that to me. :)

Re: 2011 WS Game 6 in perpetuum

Posted: November 17 11, 5:00 pm
by Jocephus
yeah im double checking with my folks that they arn't getting me them for xmas hah. i want them now!

Re: 2011 WS Game 6 in perpetuum

Posted: November 19 11, 11:20 am
by bronx_bird
it took me a while to find this again....it's my favorite fan reaction video.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Kuq89G ... re=related][/youtube]

funny from the crack of the bat on Freese's triple, "GO BALL, GO BALL!!!!"

at 0:40, someone near the camera can't stand it anymore and says, HOLY [expletive]!!!, immediately followed by the guy with the camera shouting GODAMMIT!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! First time I heard that, I thought it was a Rangers fan, but it's clearly the same guy who's so excited it hurts, and he had to say that to get it out of his system.

It cracks me up every time.

Re: 2011 WS Game 6 in perpetuum

Posted: November 19 11, 11:25 am
by Pooleydog
Jmodene wrote:At least Laird got into a WS game. Back in 1982, there were three guys on the 25 man roster who didn't get into a WS game - Julio Gonzalez, John Martin, and Steve Mura - and Glenn Brummer only got to catch one inning (the 9th inning of Game 6). Imagine that - we used only 8 pitchers in 7 WS games that year; nowadays, we use 8 pitchers in *one* game. ;)
Are you sure Mura was on the roster?