Interesting Lab Study

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Post Reply

Would you rather a championship followed by years of poor ball, or perennial contention?

Give me the series, it's all about winning, baby
18
32%
I'd rather look forward to games every day all summer every year, I can handle falling a little short at the end
38
68%
 
Total votes: 56

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
Posts: 50393
Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm

Post by jim »

Radbird wrote:
jim wrote:I did smell the roses. Nobody will be able to take that moment my son and I had, and I still remember floating around a store buying everything on the shelf the next day. I remember my drunk friend calling me from St. Louis. I collect commerative stuff. So I guess I shouldn't say I never think about it, it's just kind of back in my mind. But I don't think of this season in context of last seasons, it's an entirely new thing to experience - and that's what I am talking about.
But if they hadn't won, you would've never had those moments.
So I'm glad they won!!

To put it bluntly, I just don't think I care as much as some of you all. It's really not that big of a deal with me. I love baseball more than I love my team, and yes I can watch my team blow a lead and even find the frustration and unpredictability of it enjoyable. I really enjoyoed watching the Red Sox/Orioles game last night, and I really enjoy watching Team X/Team Y. So TFG and doc had it right - it's baseball and I love it.

User avatar
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Posts: 62346
Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II

Post by Radbird »

jim wrote:So TFG and doc had it right - it's baseball and I love it.
No argument there, jim. :cool:

User avatar
Dillagii
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 7926
Joined: April 18 06, 2:37 pm

Post by Dillagii »

Radbird wrote:
jim wrote:So TFG and doc had it right - it's baseball and I love it.
No argument there, jim. :cool:
Rad, when's your 5000 posts celebration party? Dont forget to invite me :wink:

User avatar
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Posts: 62346
Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II

Post by Radbird »

DiLLaGii wrote:
Radbird wrote:
jim wrote:So TFG and doc had it right - it's baseball and I love it.
No argument there, jim. :cool:
Rad, when's your 5000 posts celebration party? Dont forget to invite me :wink:
Just saw this, DiLL.....too late now! I'll have to work on something for 6K. :wink:

User avatar
Dillagii
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 7926
Joined: April 18 06, 2:37 pm

Post by Dillagii »

Radbird wrote:
DiLLaGii wrote:
Radbird wrote:
jim wrote:So TFG and doc had it right - it's baseball and I love it.
No argument there, jim. :cool:
Rad, when's your 5000 posts celebration party? Dont forget to invite me :wink:
Just saw this, DiLL.....too late now! I'll have to work on something for 6K. :wink:
Sure. I can wait for couple of weeks :P

Post Reply