Page 9 of 31

Re: Mizzou Football 2011

Posted: September 10 11, 12:03 am
by PujolJunkie
BigDCardlvr wrote:The play calling is questionable
Yeah, something like that. Lord.

Re: Mizzou Football 2011

Posted: September 10 11, 12:05 am
by PujolJunkie
Wow, nice effort on the last play of the game there, Franklin. What the HELL was that drive all about?

Re: Mizzou Football 2011

Posted: September 10 11, 12:05 am
by longhornbaseball
Tough game but I think Franklin's play in a hostile environment is a good sign for the rest of the year.

Re: Mizzou Football 2011

Posted: September 10 11, 12:06 am
by BigDCardlvr
The tank showed up though

Re: Mizzou Football 2011

Posted: September 10 11, 12:19 am
by Transmogrified Tiger
cardsfansince82 wrote:
Pujols is a God wrote:I have never seen a coach ice his own kicker, and Pinkel did it twice.

I could understand one in case you are trying to draw them off or don't like the blocking. But I have no idea why two TOs were necessary.
The first one was before they were even set up, so it was probably a formational thing. The second one was definitely to draw ASU offsides, Ressel even took a jab step to try and lure them.

Re: Mizzou Football 2011

Posted: September 10 11, 12:19 am
by Leroy
Interesting game to watch. Penalties all over the place. Big plays that shouldn't have happened.

But what I really took away from the whole game was that teams spend millions of dollars on football stadiums and facilities, but yet ASU can't spend five hundred bucks for a wireless mike for the ref that actually works.

Re: Mizzou Football 2011

Posted: September 10 11, 12:20 am
by PujolJunkie
Leroy wrote:Interesting game to watch. Penalties all over the place. Big plays that shouldn't have happened.

But what I really took away from the whole game was that teams spend millions of dollars on football stadiums and facilities, but yet ASU can't spend five hundred bucks for a wireless mike for the ref that actually works.
lol'd

Re: Mizzou Football 2011

Posted: September 10 11, 12:24 am
by cardsfansince82
I think they just ran out of gas in overtime. They spent so much energy and emotion getting back into the game and had a chance to win it in regulation. Ressel makes that 80% of the time.

Re: Mizzou Football 2011

Posted: September 10 11, 2:15 am
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
All the good will pinky panky had w me is almost all gone. What a [expletive] two watt.

/add nothing

Re: Mizzou Football 2011

Posted: September 10 11, 8:43 am
by BigDCardlvr
Asu is a good team. Mizzou has like 64 key injuries and made it a game. I enjoyed watching it and am impressed with all they overcame to be in that game. Room for growth to be sure, but they really did pretty well. Coach has to get some short yardage plays and should have called something different at the end to get a few more yards.

And I love the way James goes about playing the game. No flash, no emotion. No excuses. Act like it isn't the first time and it won't be the last time. He will quietly lead this team to some big victories. from the post:

"Afterward, Franklin appeared to have paid the price, wincing and almost whispering at times but smiling as always.

"No, sir, no breathing problems. I'm just kind of milking it to get everyone feeling sorry for me," said Franklin, who against Miami (Ohio) graded himself a C-minus and on Friday deemed himself a "B-minus and a half.""