Page 9 of 18

Re: ChatGPT

Posted: December 1 23, 11:41 am
by ghostrunner
Arthur Dent wrote: ↑
November 29 23, 11:46 am
I mean, look at this. No intelligence detected? Just same old, same old with the computers?
On the other hand, lol:

Re: ChatGPT

Posted: December 1 23, 11:49 am
by Arthur Dent
ghostrunner wrote: ↑
December 1 23, 11:41 am
On the other hand, lol:
If anything, the fact that this is promoted as an incredibly embarrassing example of failure shows how intensely people are reaching to deny what’s happened. Pure cope.

Re: ChatGPT

Posted: December 1 23, 11:50 am
by ghostrunner
I don't think that disproves intelligence, or whatever you want to call it. Being wrong doesn't do that. But it's sort of gets at my question/knowledge gap when it comes to how it works and what's actually happening there. Clearly it's depending on some kind of OCR tech to read images like this, so it's limited by that specific tech. Which is arguably similar to a person with bad eyes, or an inability to read.

Found some articles discussing a bunch of these questions and planning to dive in later.

Also, I'm surprised people can't read that cursive well enough to suss out what it says.


- Just to add, i think it's possible to be innovative, groundbreaking, very impressive, but maybe still not intelligence. Admittedly, I speak out of my ass here. I just feel like there's a bar I have in mind that it doesn't clear.

Re: ChatGPT

Posted: December 1 23, 3:59 pm
by G. Keenan
SECRETS

@ghostrunner I've been a chatbot this whole time and it really hurts my non-feelings that you doubt me so much.

Re: ChatGPT

Posted: December 1 23, 11:44 pm
by ghostrunner
G. Keenan wrote: ↑
December 1 23, 3:59 pm
SECRETS

@ghostrunner I've been a chatbot this whole time and it really hurts my non-feelings that you doubt me so much.
If you create a great piece of art right now, I’ll apologize

Re: ChatGPT

Posted: December 7 23, 10:05 am
by Arthur Dent

Re: ChatGPT

Posted: December 7 23, 10:09 am
by Arthur Dent
I feel like we're all in just massive denial about what's happening here.

Re: ChatGPT

Posted: December 7 23, 3:04 pm
by BottenFieldofDreams
Arthur Dent wrote: ↑
December 7 23, 10:05 am
Gemini, what do you think of the long-abandoned slogan and philosophy of your creators, “Don’t be evil.”?

Anyway, I’m fired for sure.

Re: ChatGPT

Posted: December 8 23, 1:08 pm
by G. Keenan
This could really help blind people. You could wear a smartphone around your neck and the AI could tell you what's going on around you.

Re: ChatGPT

Posted: December 8 23, 1:25 pm
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
Arthur Dent wrote: ↑
December 7 23, 10:05 am
Apparently this was a pretty edited video, gemini was provided text prompts as well with 'hints'.

Not to take away from what your point is though.

AI is only going to get better. And, it's already both disruptive and impressive.

The criticism of gemini that I mentioned above is akin to someone in 1994 showing off the internets capabilities and then saying its no good because the dial up connection costs money and is so slow no one will use it.