Page 10 of 25

Re: Per Bernie : Jocketty is OUT!!!

Posted: October 3 07, 2:52 pm
by Ace
docellis wrote:
BW23 wrote:I think it will be very interesting to see the comments by guys like Pujols, Edmonds, Rolen, Carp and even Molina and Wainwright the next couple of days.

I know they can call and e-mail them but I don't think any of these people live in St. Louis.

I read that Juan lives in the city, owns a residence downtown.
Figures he would live downtown.

Re: Per Bernie : Jocketty is OUT!!!

Posted: October 3 07, 2:53 pm
by mikechamp
docellis wrote:I read that Juan lives in the city, owns a residence downtown.
Juan's answering machine wrote:Juan's not home right now. Please leave a message, and he will return your call. Thank you.

Beeeep.

Re: Per Bernie : Jocketty is OUT!!!

Posted: October 3 07, 2:53 pm
by BW23
docellis wrote:
BW23 wrote:I think it will be very interesting to see the comments by guys like Pujols, Edmonds, Rolen, Carp and even Molina and Wainwright the next couple of days.

I know they can call and e-mail them but I don't think any of these people live in St. Louis.

I read that Juan lives in the city, owns a residence downtown.
They'll have quotes from Jocketty tomorrow, and he doesn't live in St. Louis. I assume that most that's done in the offseason is by phone anyway.

And I thought Pujols spent most of the offseason in StL. I know for a fact that he trains in StL in the offseason.

Re: Per Bernie : Jocketty is OUT!!!

Posted: October 3 07, 2:54 pm
by docellis
Ace wrote:
docellis wrote:
BW23 wrote:I think it will be very interesting to see the comments by guys like Pujols, Edmonds, Rolen, Carp and even Molina and Wainwright the next couple of days.

I know they can call and e-mail them but I don't think any of these people live in St. Louis.

I read that Juan lives in the city, owns a residence downtown.
Figures he would live downtown.
Yeah the one guy nobody likes, the guy who no-shows the WS parade...is a part of the revitalization of downtown St. Louis.

Re: Per Bernie : Jocketty is OUT!!!

Posted: October 3 07, 2:54 pm
by Radbird
Press conference should be on KTRS, right?

Re: Per Bernie : Jocketty is OUT!!!

Posted: October 3 07, 2:55 pm
by Simbagal23
BW23 wrote:
docellis wrote:
BW23 wrote:I think it will be very interesting to see the comments by guys like Pujols, Edmonds, Rolen, Carp and even Molina and Wainwright the next couple of days.

I know they can call and e-mail them but I don't think any of these people live in St. Louis.

I read that Juan lives in the city, owns a residence downtown.
They'll have quotes from Jocketty tomorrow, and he doesn't live in St. Louis. I assume that most that's done in the offseason is by phone anyway.

And I thought Pujols spent most of the offseason in StL. I know for a fact that he trains in StL in the offseason.
I thought the Pujols clan built a fancy-schmancy mansion in Chesterfield a year or so ago??

Re: Per Bernie : Jocketty is OUT!!!

Posted: October 3 07, 2:55 pm
by Dillagii
omaha_red wrote:i guess this is the perfect ending to the worst season ever.
Nope. Its not over yet. The way our season went, Cubs will win the World Series.

Re: Per Bernie : Jocketty is OUT!!!

Posted: October 3 07, 2:55 pm
by docellis
I guess this isn't super surprising:

PD Poll
8% Good move

72% Bad move

19% Not sure -- depends on his replacement
Votes: 401

Re: Per Bernie : Jocketty is OUT!!!

Posted: October 3 07, 2:56 pm
by maddash
BW23 wrote:I think it will be very interesting to see the comments by guys like Pujols, Edmonds, Rolen, Carp and even Molina and Wainwright the next couple of days.
I don't think we'll hear anything but the standard boring baseball player answers. Honestly though, why would this be that big of a deal for any of those players? They are paid to play for the Cardinals, not Jocketty or even Duncan or Tony. A guy like Chris Duncan plays for the Cardinals, not his dad. It's not like Jocketty leaving is going to make players want to jump ship.

Re: Per Bernie : Jocketty is OUT!!!

Posted: October 3 07, 2:57 pm
by BW23
Anyone think Steinbrenner has taken notice yet? If the Yanks fold in the first round again, that rumor may pop up. He wants to win now, and the Jocketty/La Russa combo likes the same.

I don't personally think Tony would like the pressure of NY at this stage, but I bet Georgie feels them out if the Yanks don't advance.