2007 NHL Playoff Thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

2007 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by stlmark »

I'm surprised nobody started a thread for the NHL playoffs. Anyone watching them? Predictions?

My predictions:
Ottawa over Pens in 6.
Buffalo over the Isles in 5.
Nj over Tampa in 7.
ATL over NYR in 6.
Vancouver over Dallas in 7.
Calgary over Detroit in 7.
Anaheim over Minnesota in 6.
And the toughest series of them all.
Nashville over SJ in 7.

Ottawa beating the Pens in the 2nd period 2-0.

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13356
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: 2007 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by JCShutout »

I almost started one. Won't watch much of them but I'm pulling for Atl (Mellanby last chance?), NJ (loved Brodeur since 95) or Buffalo (solid all-around team).

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Post by stlmark »

I'll miss alot of the games because of my job, but I'm going to try to watch as much as possible.

My predictions for the finals is

Ottawa vs. Nashville

Ottawa just scored and now it's 3-0.

User avatar
StL Dan
banned
Posts: 8159
Joined: June 14 06, 9:40 pm
Location: St. Louis in spirit

Post by StL Dan »

I thought about starting one the day the 1st round pairings were made official.

In my opinion, this could be the most competitive first round of the NHL playoffs in a long long time.

Every team in this thing are TOUGH.

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13356
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Post by JCShutout »

Go Calgary!

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Post by stlmark »

StL Dan wrote:I thought about starting one the day the 1st round pairings were made official.

In my opinion, this could be the most competitive first round of the NHL playoffs in a long long time.

Every team in this thing are TOUGH.
Your right Dan. There isn't any walkover teams in the playoffs. The only team that maybe you could consider a little weak is the NY Islanders, but even they are a pretty darn good team.

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 25226
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Post by Leroy »

So the Blues didn't make it?

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Post by stlmark »

Leroy wrote:So the Blues didn't make it?
Make what? :twisted: :wink:

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Post by stlmark »

Ottawa beats Pittsburgh 6-3.

Dallas/Vancouver 1-1 after 1

Anaheim/Minn 10 minutes into w/no score

Preds/SJ in OT tied at 4.

I love OT playoff hockey. It's absolutely the best.

User avatar
StL Dan
banned
Posts: 8159
Joined: June 14 06, 9:40 pm
Location: St. Louis in spirit

Post by StL Dan »

I've been watching some action tonight. I like what I've been seeing.

Up and down, muck and grind, great saves, strong role playing......

Playoff hockey is so underrated.

Post Reply