Page 1 of 29
2007 NHL Playoff Thread
Posted: April 11 07, 6:27 pm
by stlmark
I'm surprised nobody started a thread for the NHL playoffs. Anyone watching them? Predictions?
My predictions:
Ottawa over Pens in 6.
Buffalo over the Isles in 5.
Nj over Tampa in 7.
ATL over NYR in 6.
Vancouver over Dallas in 7.
Calgary over Detroit in 7.
Anaheim over Minnesota in 6.
And the toughest series of them all.
Nashville over SJ in 7.
Ottawa beating the Pens in the 2nd period 2-0.
Re: 2007 NHL Playoff Thread
Posted: April 11 07, 6:30 pm
by JCShutout
I almost started one. Won't watch much of them but I'm pulling for Atl (Mellanby last chance?), NJ (loved Brodeur since 95) or Buffalo (solid all-around team).
Posted: April 11 07, 6:35 pm
by stlmark
I'll miss alot of the games because of my job, but I'm going to try to watch as much as possible.
My predictions for the finals is
Ottawa vs. Nashville
Ottawa just scored and now it's 3-0.
Posted: April 11 07, 6:52 pm
by StL Dan
I thought about starting one the day the 1st round pairings were made official.
In my opinion, this could be the most competitive first round of the NHL playoffs in a long long time.
Every team in this thing are TOUGH.
Posted: April 11 07, 6:56 pm
by JCShutout
Go Calgary!
Posted: April 11 07, 7:09 pm
by stlmark
StL Dan wrote:I thought about starting one the day the 1st round pairings were made official.
In my opinion, this could be the most competitive first round of the NHL playoffs in a long long time.
Every team in this thing are TOUGH.
Your right Dan. There isn't any walkover teams in the playoffs. The only team that maybe you could consider a little weak is the NY Islanders, but even they are a pretty darn good team.
Posted: April 11 07, 8:08 pm
by Leroy
So the Blues didn't make it?
Posted: April 11 07, 8:48 pm
by stlmark
Leroy wrote:So the Blues didn't make it?
Make what?

Posted: April 11 07, 9:03 pm
by stlmark
Ottawa beats Pittsburgh 6-3.
Dallas/Vancouver 1-1 after 1
Anaheim/Minn 10 minutes into w/no score
Preds/SJ in OT tied at 4.
I love OT playoff hockey. It's absolutely the best.
Posted: April 11 07, 9:04 pm
by StL Dan
I've been watching some action tonight. I like what I've been seeing.
Up and down, muck and grind, great saves, strong role playing......
Playoff hockey is so underrated.