Jason Marquis

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
User avatar
Hungary Jack
Mother Earth
Posts: 19536
Joined: July 24 06, 6:03 am
Location: In Cognito

Jason Marquis

Post by Hungary Jack »

I am sure many of are wondering "why the heck couldn't this guy pitch like this for us?" I know I have.

But in watching him tonight, I wonder if it's only a matter of time before he blows again. My reason for this is that it's quite clear that he still cannot throw a breaking ball, or pretty much anything offspeed, with any effectiveness. Several attempts have gone about 55 feet, or way outside. Right now, he's getting by nicely with variations of his fastball, but I don't see a decent changeup. My guess is that it's only a matter of time before the hitters get the timing on his fastball down and start to punish him.

Please beg to differ. I am not a pitching expert, but I suspect that this is mostly an early-season mirage.

User avatar
Asmodai
Veteran Player
Posts: 1121
Joined: February 9 07, 7:37 pm

Post by Asmodai »

the guy didnt even k a batter today. his season kbb stands at 14:13

Magneto
Veteran Player
Posts: 984
Joined: April 20 06, 5:39 pm

Post by Magneto »

1. He'sbeen very lucky with his peripherials

2. Jason Marquis has always had spurts with us pitching great for like a month, and then a month of horrendous pitching, then a good game, then two bad games, and so on and so forth.

User avatar
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB
Posts: 38623
Joined: April 17 06, 7:42 pm
Location: Louisville

Post by sighyoung »

Face it, he's a Cardinal nemesis.

Only last year, he was on the same team.

User avatar
Mary1966
President of the Ponson Fan Club
Posts: 11289
Joined: April 18 06, 10:56 pm
Location: Tacoma, WA

Post by Mary1966 »

sighyoung wrote:Face it, he's a Cardinal nemesis.

Only last year, he was on the same team.
:lol:

So "Evil Jason" is now our friend?

EDIT: I just noticed that this is my 666th post. :shock:
Last edited by Mary1966 on April 27 07, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
Posts: 23718
Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Location: Chicago

Post by G. Keenan »

I completely expect him to suck when all is said and done.

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 20007
Joined: April 18 06, 7:38 pm

Post by TimeForGuinness »

G. Keenan wrote:I completely expect him to suck when all is said and done.
I expect Marquis and Bennett to get into a fist fight.

User avatar
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Posts: 62346
Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II

Post by Radbird »

I've seen nothing in Marquis' two victories over the Cardinals that makes me wish we had signed him.

Faceman
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4800
Joined: May 23 06, 11:56 am
Location: Memphis, TN

Post by Faceman »

Marquis - I really liked you.

Even when you were up and down, 6 ERA.

But when you looked lost / didn't care vs. Milwaukee in your last regular season start last year, you died to me. You couldn't have cared less.

I didn't blame you for taking the Cubs money.

But now you are ticking me off. Stop pitching like we all wanted you to here.

User avatar
Elphie15
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4625
Joined: May 5 06, 11:07 pm
Location: St. Louis <3

Post by Elphie15 »

Radbird wrote:I've seen nothing in Marquis' two victories over the Cardinals that makes me wish we had signed him.
Yep.

Post Reply