Page 1 of 2

Jason Marquis

Posted: April 27 07, 7:58 pm
by Hungary Jack
I am sure many of are wondering "why the heck couldn't this guy pitch like this for us?" I know I have.

But in watching him tonight, I wonder if it's only a matter of time before he blows again. My reason for this is that it's quite clear that he still cannot throw a breaking ball, or pretty much anything offspeed, with any effectiveness. Several attempts have gone about 55 feet, or way outside. Right now, he's getting by nicely with variations of his fastball, but I don't see a decent changeup. My guess is that it's only a matter of time before the hitters get the timing on his fastball down and start to punish him.

Please beg to differ. I am not a pitching expert, but I suspect that this is mostly an early-season mirage.

Posted: April 27 07, 8:05 pm
by Asmodai
the guy didnt even k a batter today. his season kbb stands at 14:13

Posted: April 27 07, 9:08 pm
by Magneto
1. He'sbeen very lucky with his peripherials

2. Jason Marquis has always had spurts with us pitching great for like a month, and then a month of horrendous pitching, then a good game, then two bad games, and so on and so forth.

Posted: April 27 07, 9:12 pm
by sighyoung
Face it, he's a Cardinal nemesis.

Only last year, he was on the same team.

Posted: April 27 07, 9:14 pm
by Mary1966
sighyoung wrote:Face it, he's a Cardinal nemesis.

Only last year, he was on the same team.
:lol:

So "Evil Jason" is now our friend?

EDIT: I just noticed that this is my 666th post. :shock:

Posted: April 27 07, 9:23 pm
by G. Keenan
I completely expect him to suck when all is said and done.

Posted: April 27 07, 9:26 pm
by TimeForGuinness
G. Keenan wrote:I completely expect him to suck when all is said and done.
I expect Marquis and Bennett to get into a fist fight.

Posted: April 27 07, 9:29 pm
by Radbird
I've seen nothing in Marquis' two victories over the Cardinals that makes me wish we had signed him.

Posted: April 27 07, 10:12 pm
by Faceman
Marquis - I really liked you.

Even when you were up and down, 6 ERA.

But when you looked lost / didn't care vs. Milwaukee in your last regular season start last year, you died to me. You couldn't have cared less.

I didn't blame you for taking the Cubs money.

But now you are ticking me off. Stop pitching like we all wanted you to here.

Posted: April 27 07, 10:14 pm
by Elphie15
Radbird wrote:I've seen nothing in Marquis' two victories over the Cardinals that makes me wish we had signed him.
Yep.