GDT: 4-28 CHI (Zambrano) at STL (Wainwright), 2:55 pm

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Locked
User avatar
haltz
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22630
Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis

GDT: 4-28 CHI (Zambrano) at STL (Wainwright), 2:55 pm

Post by haltz »

St. Louis scored fewer than four runs for the 15th time this season. On Saturday, they will try to figure out Cubs ace Carlos Zambrano (1-2, 6.91 ERA), who allowed two runs in 5 1-3 innings in the Cubs' 12-inning, 5-4 loss to Milwaukee on Monday.

Zambrano, who has never pitched in St. Louis' new Busch Stadium, is 5-4 with a 2.50 ERA in 16 career appearances, including 15 starts, against the Cardinals. The right-hander is 4-0 with a 1.39 ERA in his last seven starts against them.

St. Louis gives the ball to Adam Wainwright (1-1, 5.04), who was pounded for seven runs and 12 hits in 5 1-3 innings of the Cardinals' 10-inning, 12-9 win over the Cubs at Wrigley Field on Sunday, not recording a decision. The converted reliever has allowed 12 runs in 11 1-3 innings in his last two starts after giving up just three runs over 13 2-3 innings in his first two.

"The main thing for me is not giving up seven runs, it's that I had a three-run lead," he told the Cardinals' official Web site. "I feel like I just blew a save, basically. A three-run lead in the sixth inning o I've got to make them hit the ball on the ground there, and I didn't do it."
Image
Image

Gameday - 2006 Gameday

Code: Select all

Lineups:

Miles          Soriano
Duncan         Theriot
Pujols         Lee
Rolen          Ramirez
Edmonds        Floyd
Spiezio        DeRosa
Kennedy        Jones
Molina         Blanco
Wainwright     Zambrano

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer
Posts: 9323
Joined: April 25 06, 6:07 pm
Location: Across the River

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

Wow, Zambrano already has over 100 innings against the Cards. I would've guessed 50 before I guessed 100.

User avatar
stretch
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3966
Joined: May 8 06, 8:26 pm
Location: Joplin, MO

Post by stretch »

Is Eck becoming a semi-platoon player?

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Post by Michael »

stretch wrote:Is Eck becoming a semi-platoon player?

That's an interesting point. I wonder if TLR is losing faith in him.

User avatar
Elphie15
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4625
Joined: May 5 06, 11:07 pm
Location: St. Louis <3

Post by Elphie15 »

Thom Brenneman is calling the game today.

:?

User avatar
fulldeck
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3239
Joined: April 21 06, 7:31 am
Contact:

Post by fulldeck »

Aren't we all at this point?

Man, watching that rivalry clip was tough. I don't think I would survive a Cubs vs Cards NLCS but it won't be a headline rivalry until it happens.

User avatar
stretch
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3966
Joined: May 8 06, 8:26 pm
Location: Joplin, MO

Post by stretch »

Elphie15 wrote:Thom Brenneman is calling the game today.

:?
I can't stand Thom Brennaman's phony DJ voice.

User avatar
fulldeck
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3239
Joined: April 21 06, 7:31 am
Contact:

Post by fulldeck »

Elphie's favorite - the Cubs lineup by Michael Barrett.

greenback44
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11664
Joined: June 26 06, 8:54 pm
Location: In a Small Town with Jack and Diane

Post by greenback44 »

Duncan not so good on defense.

Pujols good on defense.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Post by Michael »

Sori doubles.

Locked