Page 1 of 3
Josh Hancock:Official trouper of the St. Louis Cardinals
Posted: April 28 07, 4:30 pm
by jim
The guy gets all the slop, and keeps coming out and doing his job. I really appreciate a guy like that. Whatever tiny chance of coming back in this game was preserved and, more importantly, the bullpen wasn't burned for tomorrow. What a trooper.
We should be able to go it to tomorrow's game with enough fresh arms, if it comes down to a bullpen game and we win then Hancock gets the honorary win.
Posted: April 28 07, 4:57 pm
by TimeForGuinness
He definitely seems to get the games that are out of reach, but comes in and pitches well.
Posted: April 28 07, 5:03 pm
by jim
He's definitely the slop guy. He kept things more or less the way they were, and kept the core bullpen guys out of the game. This one wasn't going to happen today, and you sure would have hated to lose two today by burning through guys.
Posted: April 28 07, 9:14 pm
by stlmark
He must be used to pitching in games that are out of reach, because when he comes into close games, he allows the game to get out of reach.
Posted: April 29 07, 2:36 am
by Jmodene
What Hancock is doing is not at all unusual; it's the time-honored tradition of "mop-up man" - which is what he is right now, and he's done a good job of it.
Posted: April 29 07, 7:07 am
by jim
No, it's not unusual. But it's often overlooked, underappreciated, etc... and I thought I would just point it out.
Posted: April 29 07, 9:56 am
by businessmansspecial
Posted: April 29 07, 9:57 am
by Dillagii
We will miss you, Josh.
Posted: April 29 07, 10:14 am
by stlmark
I feel absolutely horrible for what I posted up above. RIP Josh Hancock!
Posted: April 29 07, 10:16 am
by Jmodene
Mark,
Props for coming forth and saying that.
We often forget, in our attempts to be funny or critical (or both) in our role as fans that we're dealing with human beings here, but I commend you for having the guts to come back and recant as you did.