Page 1 of 1
Cardinals Schedule for the Week?
Posted: April 29 07, 4:12 pm
by Fat Strat
Any word on this yet? The funeral will be on Thursday, we've heard that, but are they playing between now and then?
I'm assuming that we'll just cancel the series with Milwaukee. But, that's a pretty important series that we're going to have to make up at some point in the season.
Posted: April 29 07, 4:13 pm
by jdk82
I thought I heard they were flying out today for the game still.
Posted: April 29 07, 4:14 pm
by clevername
Gammons just said they're flying out to Milwaukee then flying down to Tupelo on Thursday.
Not going to be an easy week.
Posted: April 29 07, 4:14 pm
by Michael
I believe the Cards only canceled one game when DK died.
Posted: April 29 07, 4:29 pm
by JCShutout
clevername wrote:Gammons just said they're flying out to Milwaukee then flying down to Tupelo on Thursday.
Not going to be an easy week.
I'm glad that they scheduled the funeral for the Cards' off day. It is good that the entire team will participate in the funeral. I'm sure the Hancock family will appreciate that.
Posted: April 29 07, 4:32 pm
by Fat Strat
Michael wrote:I believe the Cards only canceled one game when DK died.
That makes a lot of sense. Get back on the field and play ball.
I'm trying to avoid asking insensitive questions, but I'm not getting a whole lot of information or coverage down here on a Sunday. Has there been any mention of who will replace Hancock on the roster? I would think that's something that will wait until tomorrow, but I didn't know if anyone had mentioned anything on the news in StL.
Posted: April 29 07, 4:35 pm
by MrCrowesGarden
Fat Strat wrote:Michael wrote:I believe the Cards only canceled one game when DK died.
That makes a lot of sense. Get back on the field and play ball.
I'm trying to avoid asking insensitive questions, but I'm not getting a whole lot of information or coverage down here on a Sunday. Has there been any mention of who will replace Hancock on the roster? I would think that's something that will wait until tomorrow, but I didn't know if anyone had mentioned anything on the news in StL.
I haven't heard any news, but Brian Falkenborg would be my guess.
Posted: April 29 07, 5:06 pm
by DynamicDynamite
was thinking either Falkenborg, or you could actually see Narvesson make his season debut and go into the role that unfortunately is now available...
Posted: April 29 07, 5:09 pm
by Fat Strat
DynamicDynamite wrote:was thinking either Falkenborg, or you could actually see Narvesson make his season debut and go into the role that unfortunately is now available...
I was thinking that Narveson might be the guy up as well.
Posted: April 29 07, 5:24 pm
by Jmodene
To answer the question:
The Cards still have seven relievers on staff, with the recent callup of Kelvin Jimenez. With the cancellation of today's game, they don't need a fifth starter until next Tuesday, May 8 (Wells and Looper get bumped back a day, and that takes care of this Tuesday's game).
By May 8, it's possible Carpenter will be ready to go (Obviously, there's been no word on how his elbow felt after his bullpen session yesterday).
So I'm thinking it's possible we may call up an extra bat (Ludwick?) instead, to see what he can do for a week until we need that extra starting pitcher (at that point, if they decide to keep Ludwick, they could send Schumaker down).
If it's a pitcher, though, who gets the call then yes, it may well be Falkenborg, although it could also be Troy Cate since whoever gets called up would be needed as a starter in nine days.