Page 1 of 1

Pujols vs Arod April madness

Posted: April 29 07, 8:43 pm
by Secret Weapon
Pujols' April 2006

G: 25
AB: 81
AVG: .346
HR: 14
RBI: 32
OBP: .509
SLG: .914

Arod's April 2007

G: 22
AB: 89
AVG: .348
HR: 14
RBI: 34
OBP: .412
SLG: .899

Also Pujols had 28 walks to 7 strikeouts! While Arod had 9 walks to 23 strikeouts.

So while Arod had an amazing April 2007, I think Pujols' April 2006 was slightly better. Of course, Arod's April got 10 times the hype, but whatever.

Posted: April 29 07, 9:06 pm
by The Third Man
Pujols' OPS+ was 264 to A-Rod's 248. Of course, Pujols' OBP was 100 points higher, so the offensive difference is a lot more significant than that.

Posted: April 29 07, 9:13 pm
by cabby7588
Lets hope Arod has Pujols's April, and Pujols has Arods April...IN MAY!

Posted: April 29 07, 9:17 pm
by JCShutout
cabby7588 wrote:Lets hope Arod has Pujols's April, and Pujols has Arods April...IN MAY!
++

Additionally, can Jimmy please have his own June and July of 04 in May and June of this year as well? I did say "please".

Posted: April 29 07, 9:52 pm
by Capt_Morgan
i still think that AP april last year was better then AROD was this april.

not trying to take anything away from arod april

Posted: April 30 07, 2:32 am
by Phyrkrakr
So, where were the Fox "in game updates" last year, when Pujols actually SET the record for homers in April, instead of merely tying it?

Usually, I try not to get bitter about the Yankees/Red Sox bias in sports coverage, but when I'm forced to listen to awful radio reception just to figure out what's going on in a rally situation because I have to watch ARod strike out, I tend to get peeved.

BTW, that's not a knock against Shannon/Rooney, it's a knock on my horrible radio reception inside my apartment. Why, oh why, did the Cards ever switch off KMOX?

Posted: April 30 07, 8:28 am
by Leeyat
JCShutout wrote:
cabby7588 wrote:Lets hope Arod has Pujols's April, and Pujols has Arods April...IN MAY!
++

Additionally, can Jimmy please have his own June and July of 04 in May and June of this year as well? I did say "please".
+++