Page 1 of 2
Any Interest in Brian Anderson?
Posted: April 30 07, 11:47 am
by Hungary Jack
The White Sox sent him down to AAA today, and I don't think his long-term future here in Chicago is that rosy given the OF prospects that the Sox currently have.
I have always been intrigued by Anderson as a raw but talented guy who might develop into an Aaron Rowand-type with better range and more power. Rasmus is no sure thing and Anderson has some ML experience. The Sox may be in the market for a backup catcher if Hall needs surgery.
Thoughts?
Posted: April 30 07, 11:50 am
by Michael
I'd love to take a flier on him. PECOTA's projected 07 line - 260/.323/.439
Ozzie Guillen never has a kind word for him...
"If Brian was playing at least decent last year, we don't have any room for Erstad to come here."
--Ozzie Guillen, on Brian Anderson, who was optioned to Triple-A. (ESPN.com)
Posted: April 30 07, 11:51 am
by jim
I'd definitely take him over Skip, and would probably take him over Taguchi. If the price were right (real, real cheap), I'd do it.
Posted: April 30 07, 11:58 am
by JL21
Really, there's no reason you can't have both Anderson and Rasmus. There's nothing wrong with having two natural CF'ers in the same outfield, particularly when they're young (as compared to now, when we could run P-Dub and Taguchi out there and it's not necessarily a good thing).
Posted: April 30 07, 12:10 pm
by Hungary Jack
Michael wrote:I'd love to take a flier on him. PECOTA's projected 07 line - 260/.323/.439
Ozzie Guillen never has a kind word for him...
"If Brian was playing at least decent last year, we don't have any room for Erstad to come here."
--Ozzie Guillen, on Brian Anderson, who was optioned to Triple-A. (ESPN.com)
For some reason Ozzie hates Anderson, which is why I think he might be had pretty easily. I don't understand it, but Ozzie is old school (putting it nicely) and perhaps Anderson has a thick head and a stubborn attitude. A change of scenery will probably due him a world of good.
It's too early to hit the panic button, but perhaps we could ship Bennett or Taguchi for Anderson. Taguchi would give the Sox the backup CF they need now. Or Bennett backs up AJ, and we call up Rose or Hernandez.
Posted: April 30 07, 12:12 pm
by JL21
Hungary Jack wrote:perhaps we could ship Bennett or Taguchi for Anderson.
Are they THAT down on him?
Posted: April 30 07, 12:17 pm
by mikechamp
Do the White Sox really have a need for Bennett?
Posted: April 30 07, 12:19 pm
by Michael
It'd take at least a B grade hard throwing relief prospect to get him.
Posted: April 30 07, 12:19 pm
by Phyrkrakr
You know what I'd really like to see, just for s&g? Bryan Anderson for Brian Anderson. I don't necessarily want to give up a .300 hitting catcher for a back up centerfielder, but it would have a nice symmetry to it.
Posted: April 30 07, 1:21 pm
by Hungary Jack
mikechamp wrote:Do the White Sox really have a need for Bennett?
Toby Hall tore his labrum in the spring. He may be gone for the year. I think they feel pretty concerned about the backup situation, and Sandy Alomar Jr. is too old now.