Page 1 of 2
(Nascar) Earnhardt Jr. leaving DEI
Posted: May 10 07, 10:12 am
by Socnorb11
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_yl ... &type=lgns
For those of you not entirely familiar with Nascar, this is akin to Albert Pujols becoming a free agent............. only bigger.
Any race fans want to guess where he'll land? I suppose Richard Childress is the more likely sceneraio, but Junior insists he'll listen to everybody before making a decision.......
Posted: May 10 07, 12:30 pm
by Jocephus
he should join lettermans team
but i know nothing about car racing
Posted: May 10 07, 1:19 pm
by docellis
Jocephus wrote:he should join lettermans team
but i know nothing about car racing
Lettermen's team is INDY IRL if I remember correctly, not NASCAR.
Re: (Nascar) Earnhardt Jr. leaving DEI
Posted: May 12 07, 1:52 pm
by MrCrowesGarden
Socnorb11 wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_yl ... &type=lgns
For those of you not entirely familiar with Nascar, this is akin to Albert Pujols becoming a free agent............. only bigger.
Any race fans want to guess where he'll land? I suppose Richard Childress is the more likely sceneraio, but Junior insists he'll listen to everybody before making a decision.......
My guess right now is Hendrick Motorsports. He wants to stay in a Chevy, and Hendrick would just add to their dream team. Gordon, Johnson, and Kyle Busch have all been dominant this season, and Little E would just make it insane.
Posted: May 12 07, 3:51 pm
by DynamicDynamite
he'll more than likely go to Richard Childress where he can unretire the #3 car that Richard Childress owns....
Posted: May 12 07, 7:19 pm
by fulldeck
He won't have bad cars, engines, crew chiefs, and owners as an excuse anymore for not winning once he leaves the family business. I hope he realizes that.
Re: (Nascar) Earnhardt Jr. leaving DEI
Posted: May 12 07, 7:47 pm
by businessmansspecial
MrCrowesGarden wrote:Socnorb11 wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_yl ... &type=lgns
For those of you not entirely familiar with Nascar, this is akin to Albert Pujols becoming a free agent............. only bigger.
Any race fans want to guess where he'll land? I suppose Richard Childress is the more likely sceneraio, but Junior insists he'll listen to everybody before making a decision.......
My guess right now is Hendrick Motorsports. He wants to stay in a Chevy, and Hendrick would just add to their dream team. Gordon, Johnson, and Kyle Busch have all been dominant this season, and Little E would just make it insane.
I agree. I saw an interview earlier. It will either be this or a new owner that isn't going this year. He hinted a lot to that.
Posted: May 14 07, 12:16 am
by Hudler
I think he'll end up at Ginn Racing.
Posted: June 13 07, 7:16 am
by MrCrowesGarden
STORY
Dale Jr.'s joining Hendrick Motorsports in 2008, taking Kyle Busch's spot.
He'll either drive the 5 car (Busch's car) or the 25 car (Casey Mears' car, with Mears taking Busch's car). No word if he'll still have the Bud sponsorship or not, but I'm guessing they'll get something done.
Hendrick just re-asserted its dominance on Nascar right now. Mears is a good up-and-coming driver, Johnson is a Nextel Cup champion, Gordon's running laps around the field this year, and now they get the most popular driver in Earnhardt Jr.
Posted: June 13 07, 9:24 pm
by ghostrunner
MrCrowesGarden wrote:STORY
Dale Jr.'s joining Hendrick Motorsports in 2008, taking Kyle Busch's spot.
He'll either drive the 5 car (Busch's car) or the 25 car (Casey Mears' car, with Mears taking Busch's car). No word if he'll still have the Bud sponsorship or not, but I'm guessing they'll get something done.
Hendrick just re-asserted its dominance on Nascar right now. Mears is a good up-and-coming driver, Johnson is a Nextel Cup champion, Gordon's running laps around the field this year, and now they get the most popular driver in Earnhardt Jr.
He and Gordon on the same team? I know little about Nascar but I'd imagine some aren't too pleased with that.