Mizzou Baseball

A forum for non-baseball sports
Izzyman
Everyday Player
Posts: 208
Joined: August 21 06, 4:22 pm
Location: MO.

Mizzou Baseball

Post by Izzyman »

The tigers are having a great year. They're 2nd in the big 12 and ranked in all of the polls.

I can't wait for the NCAA tornament to start. If we finish strong against OSU and in the big 12 torny we could de looking at avery good seed.

User avatar
StL Dan
banned
Posts: 8159
Joined: June 14 06, 9:40 pm
Location: St. Louis in spirit

Post by StL Dan »

It's great to see the team prospering despite losing Scherzer and that other pitcher to graduation and the MLB draft last year.

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer
Posts: 9323
Joined: April 25 06, 6:07 pm
Location: Across the River

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

StL Dan wrote:It's great to see the team prospering despite losing Scherzer and that other pitcher to graduation and the MLB draft last year.
The other guy was Nathan Culp.

And yes, I had very low expectations for this season, and they've definitely exceeded them. They'll likely lose pretty much nothing to graduation/draft this year too, so next year's team could be pretty special.

Izzyman
Everyday Player
Posts: 208
Joined: August 21 06, 4:22 pm
Location: MO.

Post by Izzyman »

Tigers win again clinch OSU series.

User avatar
StL Dan
banned
Posts: 8159
Joined: June 14 06, 9:40 pm
Location: St. Louis in spirit

Post by StL Dan »

I've been hearing some talk that Scherzer may sign with KC.

What is that all about?

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer
Posts: 9323
Joined: April 25 06, 6:07 pm
Location: Across the River

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

StL Dan wrote:I've been hearing some talk that Scherzer may sign with KC.

What is that all about?
Uh, the only team he can sign with right now is the team that drafted him, Arizona. KC has the 2 pick in this year's draft, so they might be hearing that KC is thinking of taking Scherzer if he doesn't sign with the D-Backs. Scherzer hasn't been rumored anywhere near that high though.

User avatar
StL Dan
banned
Posts: 8159
Joined: June 14 06, 9:40 pm
Location: St. Louis in spirit

Post by StL Dan »

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
StL Dan wrote:I've been hearing some talk that Scherzer may sign with KC.

What is that all about?
Uh, the only team he can sign with right now is the team that drafted him, Arizona. KC has the 2 pick in this year's draft, so they might be hearing that KC is thinking of taking Scherzer if he doesn't sign with the D-Backs. Scherzer hasn't been rumored anywhere near that high though.
Uh, that's what I thought as well, which is why I asked the question.

Sports talk radio stations up here in KC have indicated it's a possibility that he signs with the Royals at some point some how.

Wasn't able to listen to the whole conversation, so I wanted to know if there was something about his draft situation I didn't know.

User avatar
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
Posts: 23718
Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Location: Chicago

Post by G. Keenan »

Mizzou baseball is obviously not on my radar because until the second post I thought this thread was about basketball. I figured it was a little early to get excited about next year, but hey.

User avatar
StL Dan
banned
Posts: 8159
Joined: June 14 06, 9:40 pm
Location: St. Louis in spirit

Post by StL Dan »

G. Keenan wrote:Mizzou baseball is obviously not on my radar because until the second post I thought this thread was about basketball. I figured it was a little early to get excited about next year, but hey.
That's alright, G. Either you are a Tiger fan or you're not.

No big deal.

User avatar
BW23
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12896
Joined: July 7 06, 11:08 pm

Post by BW23 »

It helped that their best returning hitter got healthy (and confident he was healthy). I thought the offense would be fairly good once Priday rounded into form, but I'm surprised they've won simply from losing Scherzer and Culp.

And I've seen talk of Scherzer going as high as number 2 if he re-enters.

Post Reply