Page 1 of 6
Mizzou Baseball
Posted: May 19 07, 12:23 pm
by Izzyman
The tigers are having a great year. They're 2nd in the big 12 and ranked in all of the polls.
I can't wait for the NCAA tornament to start. If we finish strong against OSU and in the big 12 torny we could de looking at avery good seed.
Posted: May 19 07, 6:31 pm
by StL Dan
It's great to see the team prospering despite losing Scherzer and that other pitcher to graduation and the MLB draft last year.
Posted: May 19 07, 7:18 pm
by Transmogrified Tiger
StL Dan wrote:It's great to see the team prospering despite losing Scherzer and that other pitcher to graduation and the MLB draft last year.
The other guy was Nathan Culp.
And yes, I had very low expectations for this season, and they've definitely exceeded them. They'll likely lose pretty much nothing to graduation/draft this year too, so next year's team could be pretty special.
Posted: May 19 07, 8:22 pm
by Izzyman
Tigers win again clinch OSU series.
Posted: May 19 07, 8:26 pm
by StL Dan
I've been hearing some talk that Scherzer may sign with KC.
What is that all about?
Posted: May 19 07, 8:29 pm
by Transmogrified Tiger
StL Dan wrote:I've been hearing some talk that Scherzer may sign with KC.
What is that all about?
Uh, the only team he can sign with right now is the team that drafted him, Arizona. KC has the 2 pick in this year's draft, so they might be hearing that KC is thinking of taking Scherzer if he doesn't sign with the D-Backs. Scherzer hasn't been rumored anywhere near that high though.
Posted: May 19 07, 8:34 pm
by StL Dan
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:StL Dan wrote:I've been hearing some talk that Scherzer may sign with KC.
What is that all about?
Uh, the only team he can sign with right now is the team that drafted him, Arizona. KC has the 2 pick in this year's draft, so they might be hearing that KC is thinking of taking Scherzer if he doesn't sign with the D-Backs. Scherzer hasn't been rumored anywhere near that high though.
Uh, that's what I thought as well, which is why I asked the question.
Sports talk radio stations up here in KC have indicated it's a possibility that he signs with the Royals at some point some how.
Wasn't able to listen to the whole conversation, so I wanted to know if there was something about his draft situation I didn't know.
Posted: May 19 07, 9:04 pm
by G. Keenan
Mizzou baseball is obviously not on my radar because until the second post I thought this thread was about basketball. I figured it was a little early to get excited about next year, but hey.
Posted: May 20 07, 12:19 am
by StL Dan
G. Keenan wrote:Mizzou baseball is obviously not on my radar because until the second post I thought this thread was about basketball. I figured it was a little early to get excited about next year, but hey.
That's alright, G. Either you are a Tiger fan or you're not.
No big deal.
Posted: May 21 07, 7:28 am
by BW23
It helped that their best returning hitter got healthy (and confident he was healthy). I thought the offense would be fairly good once Priday rounded into form, but I'm surprised they've won simply from losing Scherzer and Culp.
And I've seen talk of Scherzer going as high as number 2 if he re-enters.