Most Pathetic Conference in Pro Sports?

A forum for non-baseball sports

Most Pathetic Conference in Pro Sports?

Baseball: National League
2
13%
Football: NFC
5
33%
Basketball: East
8
53%
 
Total votes: 15

AJ

Most Pathetic Conference in Pro Sports?

Post by AJ »

Seems like all of my favorite teams are in the crappiest conference in every sport. Which would you rate as the most craptacular and why?

User avatar
ToughGuy_BlueShirt
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4211
Joined: May 19 06, 3:30 pm

Post by ToughGuy_BlueShirt »

I think the National League Conference is terrible.

User avatar
cabby7588
All-Star
Posts: 2970
Joined: June 6 06, 9:26 pm
Contact:

Post by cabby7588 »

It's funny that hockey is considered the only non-lopsided sport. NBA, NFL and MLB certainly are. I voted the NFC because I think there are actually teams, well, maybe just one, the Mets, that can compete at a high level in the AL. I don't think there's any NFC teams that can compete in the AFC with the same record they would have in the NFC. If the NL and the AL were one big conference, how many teams from the NL would make the playoffs? 1? Maybe none? If the NFC and AFC combined, I think the Saints and the Bears would be the only NFC team to make the playoffs. Eh, they're both pretty damn bad.

AJ

Post by AJ »

ToughGuy_BlueShirt wrote:I think the National League Conference is terrible.
Had to call it something, I guess I could have said "grouping of teams"

User avatar
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
Posts: 31048
Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am

Post by Popeye_Card »

cabby7588 wrote:It's funny that hockey is considered the only non-lopsided sport.
The west is fairly dominant in the NHL as well. Not as much so as the other sports, but it's better than the east.

--P--

AJ

Post by AJ »

cabby7588 wrote:It's funny that hockey is considered the only non-lopsided sport. NBA, NFL and MLB certainly are. I voted the NFC because I think there are actually teams, well, maybe just one, the Mets, that can compete at a high level in the AL. I don't think there's any NFC teams that can compete in the AFC with the same record they would have in the NFC. If the NL and the AL were one big conference, how many teams from the NL would make the playoffs? 1? Maybe none? If the NFC and AFC combined, I think the Saints and the Bears would be the only NFC team to make the playoffs. Eh, they're both pretty damn bad.
Yeah, I wanted to include Hockey, but I agree that it's pretty even between the conferences.

User avatar
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
Posts: 31048
Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am

Post by Popeye_Card »

All these things are cyclical. Remember when the NFC won like 15 straight Super Bowls?

Right now though, it has to be the NBA Eastern Conference. Teams 4-5 games below .500 shouldn't be fighting for playoff berths.

--P--

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Popeye_Card wrote:
cabby7588 wrote:It's funny that hockey is considered the only non-lopsided sport.
The west is fairly dominant in the NHL as well. Not as much so as the other sports, but it's better than the east.

--P--
Agreed. Although, it's really that Southeast Conference that drags down the rest of the Eastern Conference in the NHL (what a shocker, huh?)

Atlanta was good for the first time in their short history, but they're usually awful, Tampa Bay just squeaked into the playoffs, Carolina missed them, and Florida's been awful ever since they made it to the Cup in 1996.

User avatar
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
Posts: 27776
Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
Location: at the gettin' place

Post by cardsfansince82 »

NBA Eastern Conference and barring some major trades it won't change anytime soon.

User avatar
Radio_Bugtussle
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3450
Joined: July 26 06, 9:51 am
Location: Searching for the perfect microbrew

Post by Radio_Bugtussle »

The NFC.

It's the Non Football Conference.

Post Reply