Page 1 of 2
Mizzou football 2007
Posted: July 20 07, 5:34 pm
by stretch
Mizzou is picked to win the Big 12 North.
http://www.kansascity.com/167/story/196382.html
http://www.kansascity.com/167/story/197560.html
I think they are perfectly capable of winning the North, but won't really believe it until it happens. I've been kicked in the nuts too many times as a fan of Mizzou sports to put that much stock into preseason rankings.
I also am not really enamored with the in-game coaching of Mizzou's staff.
Re: Mizzou football 2007
Posted: July 20 07, 10:32 pm
by Transmogrified Tiger
I'm pretty excited for the season. We may have to try to be football's version of the Phoenix Suns, but at least it'll be fun to watch.
This also inspired my awful effort that I now call a sig.
Re: Mizzou football 2007
Posted: July 20 07, 10:34 pm
by stretch
I didn't realize how crabby I seemed in my post above. I, too, am really looking forward to the season.
It should be a lot of fun to watch.
I would say the average total score of games this year would be around 60 points.

Re: Mizzou football 2007
Posted: July 22 07, 1:03 pm
by MrCrowesGarden
Two-horse race this year in the North. Whoever wins the MU-NU matchup will probably win the division.
Let's go Tigers. I could use some braggin' rights over the in-laws.
Re: Mizzou football 2007
Posted: July 22 07, 3:35 pm
by lukethedrifter
Unfortunately, winning the Big XII North is like winning Miss Northern South Dakota.
Re: Mizzou football 2007
Posted: July 23 07, 9:27 am
by GatewaySnayke
But still, winning the Big XII North would be a step forward, instead of say -- losing to Oregon State with 13 milliseconds to play.
Re: Mizzou football 2007
Posted: July 23 07, 10:33 am
by lukethedrifter
GatewaySnayke wrote:But still, winning the Big XII North would be a step forward, instead of say -- losing to Oregon State with 13 milliseconds to play.
agreed.
Re: Mizzou football 2007
Posted: July 23 07, 1:04 pm
by JL21
stretch wrote:I think they are perfectly capable of winning the North, but won't really believe it until it happens. I've been kicked in the nuts too many times as a fan of Mizzou sports to put that much stock into preseason rankings.
Perfectly stated.
And I ALWAYS look forward to Mizzou football, even in the down years.
I hate to lower the standards or anything, but I've seen entirely too many ridiculously bad years in my lifetime under Pinkel's predecessors to get crabby about the job that he's doing/has done.
Re: Mizzou football 2007
Posted: July 23 07, 1:53 pm
by omaha_red
i think the mighty big red will win the big 12 north and then win the super bowl..
Re: Mizzou football 2007
Posted: July 23 07, 5:18 pm
by MrCrowesGarden
omaha_red wrote:i think the mighty big red will win the big 12 north and then win the super bowl..
That would be a first for Callahan...