PGA Championship

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie
Posts: 28010
Joined: April 17 06, 9:16 pm
Location: No. 16 on the Cards Top 15 Prospect List

PGA Championship

Post by Fat Strat »

I know we have some golf fans here, so I thought I would start a thread about the Championship, which starts tomorrow here in Tulsa at Southern Hills.

First, the course is in fantastic shape. I was there today and got a good look at it. Fairways are cut like greens. Greens are perfect, not too fast like they have been in other majors at SHCC. The playing conditions will be tough, 100 degrees each day of the tourney, but it's all about mental toughness. The champion will just have to overcome the weather as well as the course.

Rough is cut shorter than I imagined. About 3-4 inches. Not really that tough, imo. Not nearly as tough as some of the local courses I play around here... which actually makes me feel a lot better about my scores of late.

Got to follow Furyk, Harrington, and Vijah today. A great day for practice rounds as a fan, since it was so hot there weren't as many people around as I expected. It was still crowded, but there were plenty of places to watch the action and follow big players,

Anyway, I'll be there again on Friday and will give another update about the course and conditions.

User avatar
thrill
bronoun enthusiast
Posts: 30539
Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Location: barely online

Re: PGA Championship

Post by thrill »

Have fun and try to steal something from Tiger.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie
Posts: 28010
Joined: April 17 06, 9:16 pm
Location: No. 16 on the Cards Top 15 Prospect List

Re: PGA Championship

Post by Fat Strat »

thrill wrote:Have fun and try to steal something from Tiger.
If I get his driver cover what will you give me for it?

User avatar
thrill
bronoun enthusiast
Posts: 30539
Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Location: barely online

Re: PGA Championship

Post by thrill »

Fat Strat wrote:
thrill wrote:Have fun and try to steal something from Tiger.
If I get his driver cover what will you give me for it?
I think there are those out there who could come up with a better offer than me. Just don't get tackled.

User avatar
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
Posts: 27776
Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
Location: at the gettin' place

Re: PGA Championship

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Tigger is on fire right now. He might just run away with this the next couple days.

User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13380
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: PGA Championship

Post by stlouie_lipp »

How many will Tiger win by....I guess 7.

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: PGA Championship

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

Ernie's making a nice charge, but it won't be enough I'd imagine. At least he's made it interesting, though.

Stephen Ames seems like a poo-face to me.

Post Reply