Page 1 of 1

PGA Championship

Posted: August 8 07, 5:05 pm
by Fat Strat
I know we have some golf fans here, so I thought I would start a thread about the Championship, which starts tomorrow here in Tulsa at Southern Hills.

First, the course is in fantastic shape. I was there today and got a good look at it. Fairways are cut like greens. Greens are perfect, not too fast like they have been in other majors at SHCC. The playing conditions will be tough, 100 degrees each day of the tourney, but it's all about mental toughness. The champion will just have to overcome the weather as well as the course.

Rough is cut shorter than I imagined. About 3-4 inches. Not really that tough, imo. Not nearly as tough as some of the local courses I play around here... which actually makes me feel a lot better about my scores of late.

Got to follow Furyk, Harrington, and Vijah today. A great day for practice rounds as a fan, since it was so hot there weren't as many people around as I expected. It was still crowded, but there were plenty of places to watch the action and follow big players,

Anyway, I'll be there again on Friday and will give another update about the course and conditions.

Re: PGA Championship

Posted: August 9 07, 7:35 am
by thrill
Have fun and try to steal something from Tiger.

Re: PGA Championship

Posted: August 9 07, 9:10 am
by Fat Strat
thrill wrote:Have fun and try to steal something from Tiger.
If I get his driver cover what will you give me for it?

Re: PGA Championship

Posted: August 9 07, 9:40 am
by thrill
Fat Strat wrote:
thrill wrote:Have fun and try to steal something from Tiger.
If I get his driver cover what will you give me for it?
I think there are those out there who could come up with a better offer than me. Just don't get tackled.

Re: PGA Championship

Posted: August 10 07, 4:52 pm
by cardsfansince82
Tigger is on fire right now. He might just run away with this the next couple days.

Re: PGA Championship

Posted: August 12 07, 9:13 am
by stlouie_lipp
How many will Tiger win by....I guess 7.

Re: PGA Championship

Posted: August 12 07, 3:08 pm
by MrCrowesGarden
Ernie's making a nice charge, but it won't be enough I'd imagine. At least he's made it interesting, though.

Stephen Ames seems like a poo-face to me.