Page 1 of 6

House guests

Posted: August 13 08, 5:11 am
by cardsfansince82
These people are really starting to get on my nerves. I'm not even related to these people, never met them before in my life. I'm nice enough to allow them to stay at my house and they are making my life a living hell. I'm up late because that is what my work schedule dictates, in addition to being a night owl in general. Just as I'm getting to bed this woman and her twin four year olds are up at the crack of dawn. The kids are extremely obnoxious and loud and the mom makes no attempt to keep them quiet. The two kids don't speak a lick of English so I am desperately trying to sleep and all I can hear is screaming in Japanese. When they aren't screaming their heads off they are watching the cartoon network at a volume such that my neighbors can follow the plotline. I've gotten like 10 hours of sleep total in the last four days.

On top of that they are pretty inconsiderate. I bought a pre-made half sandwich/salad and a bottle of tea to take with me to work tomorrow. I walk through the living room and the mom is munching away on it and drinking my tea. I bought a bunch of groceries before they got here but unrelated to them being here and not intended for them. I even hid some of them in the bottom drawer of the fridge in the very back. They've managed to eat all of it. The mom insists on making a giant dinner every night. She gives me a grocery list every day of these convoluted and expensive items so she can cook. No mention of how it's going to be paid for, so you know how that ends up. Thing is, she's a horrible cook. So not only do I have to pay for it, but I have to eat this crappy food and pretend like I like it. I've had a week long stomach ache because of this woman. I put all of my toiletries away in the bathroom closet...in my private room. I just bought a giant $10 bottle of mouthwash less than a week before they got here. Last night they are all getting ready for bed and the whole family is drinking straight from the bottle, that apparently they came into my room and decided to adopt. They originally told me they were leaving Monday, but they keep deciding to stay another day. So my entire weekend sucked and I can't wait until they finally get out of my [expletive] house. I'm actually looking forward to going back to work just so I don't have to deal with this BS for a little while.

Re: House guests

Posted: August 13 08, 6:35 am
by thrill
Yikes. Why are you letting these people stay with you?

Re: House guests

Posted: August 13 08, 7:12 am
by tothebeach08
The mouthwash thing is WAY over the edge. I can just see walking by the bathroom and seeing an entire family swigging my mouthwash right out of the bottle.

How in the world did you end up in this situation? Start walking around naked, that may get them to leave.

Re: House guests

Posted: August 13 08, 7:36 am
by heyzeus
Who are these people? How did they get in your house? What are they doing there?

Your story is so....kafkaesque.

Re: House guests

Posted: August 13 08, 8:55 am
by KyCardinalFan
Yes, please explain how these people came into your life.

Would the cost of a hotel =/< the cost of your daily grocery bill? I'd invest in that.


Sorry about your situation.

Re: House guests

Posted: August 13 08, 8:59 am
by GatewaySnayke
What the hell man?

Re: House guests

Posted: August 13 08, 9:03 am
by TimeForGuinness
seriously...just burn your house down.

Re: House guests

Posted: August 13 08, 9:05 am
by omaha_red
Image

Re: House guests

Posted: August 13 08, 9:12 am
by ThatGuy
That's effed up man. If I saw a pre-made sandwich/salad in somebody else's fridge, I would assume that it was already taken. Heck, I wouldn't even open another person's fridge without asking first. I probably would've shoved the salad in her face and dumped the tea on her head when I walked through the living room.

Everything you described goes against the very basic rules of common courtesy. How did these people miss the lesson?

Re: House guests

Posted: August 13 08, 9:20 am
by omaha_red
ThatGuy wrote:That's effed up man. If I saw a pre-made sandwich/salad in somebody else's fridge, I would assume that it was already taken. Heck, I wouldn't even open another person's fridge without asking first. I probably would've shoved the salad in her face and dumped the tea on her head when I walked through the living room.

Everything you described goes against the very basic rules of common courtesy. How did these people miss the lesson?
a lot of people missed this lesson.. on top of many many other common sense lessons..
there are a lot of really really stupid people walking around out there