Page 1 of 1

Sickels top 20 Cards prospects (2015)

Posted: March 3 15, 5:17 pm
by Felix The Cat
http://www.minorleagueball.com/2015/3/3 ... s-for-2015
1) Marco Gonzales, LHP, Grade B+
2) Alex Reyes, RHP, Grade B+
3) Rob Kaminsky, LHP, Grade B+
4) Jack Flaherty, RHP, Grade B/Borderline B-
5) Stephen Piscotty, OF, Grade B-/Borderline B
6) Randall Grichuk, OF, Grade B-/Borderline B
7) Tim Cooney, LHP, Grade B-
8) Luke Weaver, RHP, Grade B-
9) Magneuris Sierra, OF, Grade C+
10) Jacob Wilson, INF, Grade C+
11) Carson Kelly, C, Grade C+
12) Sam Tuivailala, RHP, Grade C+
13) Aledmys Diaz, SS, Grade C+
14) Tommy Pham, OF, Grade C+
15) Charlie Tilson, OF, Grade C/Borderline C+
16) Mike Mayers, RHP, Grade C/Borderline C+
17) Juan Herrera, SS, Grade C/Borderline C+
18) Breyvic Valera, 2B, Grade C/Borderline C+
19) Edmundo Sosa, SS, Grade C/Borderline C+
20) Ty Kelly, INF, Grade C/Borderline C+
Is this the lowest Piscotty has ranked in the recent prospect lists for our organization?

Re: Sickels top 20 Cards prospects (2015)

Posted: March 3 15, 7:33 pm
by phins
This is the way I have it, although I do not include the Marco Gonzales, Randall Grichuk types. I do need to look at Ty Kelly, since he is new to the system since I started the write-up and put it on hold.

Re: Sickels top 20 Cards prospects (2015)

Posted: March 4 15, 1:47 am
by 33anda3rd
I guess you have to ask what you think Piscotty is.

The glove will be meh, the baserunning will be meh, and his value will lie in his bat.

His power has deteriorated every level he's stepped up. If you think he can go 260/350/440 then he's a pretty darn valuable guy. And I'm cool with the 260/350 part, I just don't think the 440 is a reasonable projection.

Re: Sickels top 20 Cards prospects (2015)

Posted: March 4 15, 10:27 am
by jerbyrd25
He hit a lot of doubles last year.

Re: Sickels top 20 Cards prospects (2015)

Posted: March 4 15, 6:40 pm
by 33anda3rd
He did, but as a guy who's not going to add value on the bases or on defense, a corner OF with a ratio of 1B:2B:3B:HR that is 10:3:0:1 is a guy who is a starter on a second-division team or a bench player on a first-division team. His SLG as he has stepped up the levels has gone
506
477
446
406
At the MLB level, 406 is unplayable for a corner OF who's not a whiz defensively or stealing 35 bases and adding another 10 runs taking extra bases in plays. He will have to develop better in-game power at the top level to be a real asset.

Re: Sickels top 20 Cards prospects (2015)

Posted: March 5 15, 9:48 am
by phins
I think you're underestimating the glove, personally. He projects to be solid average there in my eyes. He also has a plus to plus/plus arm in RF. I think it's a 60, but some have seen 65 out of it.

He's also going to be a guy who plays a tick higher than his speed score. I think he's a 2-3 WAR type, which can start on most any team. I just don't think he's a star.

Re: Sickels top 20 Cards prospects (2015)

Posted: March 5 15, 12:22 pm
by Swirls
So like Allen Craig with better defense?

Re: Sickels top 20 Cards prospects (2015)

Posted: March 5 15, 2:27 pm
by 33anda3rd
Like Allen Craig with less power.

And passable defensively at a position where being passable defensively (or even a tick above average) isn't a huge boost to your overall value since positional adjustments drag it down.

Re: Sickels top 20 Cards prospects (2015)

Posted: March 5 15, 3:05 pm
by Swirls
So 2014 injured Allen Craig? Or somewhere in between healthy and injured Allen Craig?